cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP gui 7.30 - including port numbers for message servers in saplogon.ini

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently looking at installing SAP gui 7.30 and are trying to reduce the number of configuration files needed locally on each machine. after activating the configfileonserver registry entry we now have a central saplogon.ini file that is cached locally. This should make it very easy to update the logon pad entries for new servers if only I could remove the need to update the services file with the message server port numbers. I have seen notes on a change with sap gui 7.20 patch 12 to allow you to add the port numbers to the message server entries in the saplogon.ini but this does not seem to work. Currently I am updating the server entries under MSSrvName section of the saplogon.ini with a format like Item1=mymessageserver.com:3600. This is not recognised, when trying to log on after adding this entry I get a logon balancing error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved this with an on-end-install-script on our installation server:

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write “Event: Appending or replacing lines in the services file”

strFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString( “%WinSysDir%\drivers\etc\services” )
Set objTextFile = CreateObject(“NwSapSetupATLCommon.TextFileParser”)

If objTextFile.Parse( strFile ) Then
NwEngine.Context.Log.Write “Event: Modify the file ” & Chr(34) & strFile & Chr(34)
If objTextFile.DoesStringExist( “sapmsSID” ) Then
objTextFile.ReplaceLineEx “sapmsSID”, “sapmsSID 3600/tcp”
Else
objTextFile.AppendLine “sapmsSID 3600/tcp”
End If
objTextFile.Save( strFile )
Else
NWEngine.Context.Log.WriteWarning “Event: Could not open the file ” & Chr(34) & strSalFile & Chr(34)
End If

This is the easiest method I know. The script checks whether there is an entry or not in the services file. If it is not there, it will be added.

Hope this helps,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

We already have a similar method where we remove all sapms* and then re add what we need but your script checking and only adding those that are missing is an improvement. If I can't get a resolution to this I will at least be changing my on end install script to above.

What I am looking for is to be able to maintain system entries with out having to update files on the local machine.

We have the SAPlogon.ini file set to central source and cache locally as per note 1426178 and this works ok.  For the message server port numbers,  I have seen a note 1685221 on this but it does not seem to work. The reason is possibly because I have a services file and don't want to use it where as this note is for machines that do not have a services file or sapmsg.ini file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can't you simply set this in saplogon.ini as follows:

[MSSrvPort]

Item1=36<Sys-Nr>

e.g.: Item1=3600 (for instance number 00)

For me this also works.

Kind regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I was looking for, I just has the format wrong in the saplogon.ini, it works for me as well now, thanks

former_member633852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

After applying SAP GUI 720 patch 12. or SAP GUI 7.30 you can define Group/Server selection system via SAP Logon.

Note 1685221 - SAP Logon: maintain system entry w/o sapmsg.ini/service file 

SAP GUI Help (F1 Short cut) has also good documentation under section "Defining the Group/Sever Selection Manually"

Regards

Answers (0)