cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depot Return Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know its a common floating issue in this site, but I couldnt get any correct answer for the same. Please share your inputs.

Issue:

While doing depot return process, ie return sale order with ref to sales invoice..the duties are not flowing to the credit memo..

Kindly assist with your ideas.

Process flow.

Depot Sales process:

VA01--> VL02n-->J1IJ--> VF01

Depot Return process

VA01( with ref to invoice)-->VL02n-->J1IG--> VF01(Credit Memo)--here duties are not flowing from sale order. the pricing procedure for sales and returns remain the same and i also understand that there is a routine 356 with the condition type BED and AED. How this works for return process.

Thanks in advance.

Adarsh Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshnipathi,

Thanks for your responce.. I tried doing it..my issue is that in credit memo the duties are not flowing from the return sales order..

I need to allign complete depot process or only credit memo.. I am not sure..

Kindly assist.

Adarsh Shetty

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried doing it..

Can you please list out the sequence in which you were trying the return process ??  For information, if it is different from the one which is in the link I provided, then you need to redo the process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Is there any mode where in i can call you for assistance?

Many thanks

Adarsh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

We are thinking of copying the existing standard routine 356 and adding code in that so as to fetch the duties from return sales order.. Is this approach right?

Kindly give your feed back.

Thanks

Adarsh Shetty

balaji_parsewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I am facing the same issue in depot return.

I am also looking for solution without ABAP development(Routine Modification).

Request you to throw light on the issue.

Can we go ahead by using standard SAP solution.

Regards,

Balaji

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

balaji_parsewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adarsh/ MB S /Lakshmipathi,

I found solution for that:

Use VTFA(Copy Control for order related billing).

Then goto item details details.

In pricing type use option- "E"- Adopt price components & fix values.

System will take Excise values directly from sales order.

Issue Solved.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regarding the above issue, i e in return depot process- We were struck in the credit memo as the duties were not flowing from the return depot order. We have added a new routine copying 356 and added the code which picks up the duties factor only in case of retuns depot process from the return sale order.this is working fine now.

Just to confirm again is this the right way?  My requirement is fulfilled. Just shared for all your references.

Thanks

Adarsh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adarsh,

It is the right Approach, the other option would have been having a new pricing procedure where there is no routine 356 is assigned to respectivie Tax condition types.

Regards

MShetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Shetty,

The sales and return process has the same pricing procedure as the return sales order is created wrt sales Invoice. So we cannot remove the routine 356..instead we created the new routine adding the code which works if the sale document category is H.

Thanks for all your inputs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am briefly explaining my Depot sales and return process.

Please correct if i am wrong.

1. Depot Sales:

VA01--> Vl02N--> J1IJ-->VF01

In this process we create a Depot sales order of one line item for 30 quantities selecting storage location FG01, create a subsequent delivery for the same selecting the batches while doing GR from the MM side.Now Will capture depot excise duties by doing J1IJ so that the duties will get picked up from the mother excise invoice.Will create customer invoice wherein the duties proportionate of the quantity will flow.

This Process is working fine for me.

2. Return Process

VA01( wrt invoice)--> VL02N(Goods Reciept)--> J1IG-->VF01(Credit memo request)

While return process, We create return order wrt Invoice and change the quantity say to 15 with selecting return storage location FG02, Will do the goods reciept. Now We will do J1IG..the process is done as per the standard which is already discussed in this forum. Now we create credit memo wrt to return sale order..but the duties are not flowing proportionately... I am struck at this juncture..Kindly help.. Also why we do J1IG for return and how and when are the acounting entries reversed.

Many Thanks

Adarsh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adarsh,

Kindly note that, this is  Plain SD setting rather than CIN setting.

Regards

MBS