cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Budget exceed error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This seems to be rather a different kind of issue.In an existing P.O., line item 10 is assigned to WBS A,line item 20 to WBS B. When the user changes the amount of service in line item 10, surprisingly the system pops up the error msg. as "line item 10 WBS B budget exceeded ". The P.O. has 2350 service line items and only these 2 wbs's assigned.In any of the line item assigned to wbs A, this error arises. Partial SES also has been done.Kindly help.

Supriya S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

In error message check for amount in message and find out its relation with old amount and new amount. Is this showing new amount of line item after amendment?

Also check for year in error message.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the reply. i tested a new purch.order and acct assigned to the same two wbs'es  within their budgeted amounts and the system showed no error,also system selects the wbs acct assigned with the service line item only. The error arises in this P.O. only. Suppose if wbs B has a avail.(&released) budget of 5,000 and wbs A 30,000 /- resp.,the system consumes budget of wbs B (5000) even when changes in gross price to any service line items acct.assigned to wbs A is done .

Coming to your point, the warning message in p.o shows that wbs B has exhausted budget of Rs.5,000/- as available (same in slr_58).If i increase gross price of any service L.I. assigned with wbs A,say by 1000/-, then a message pops up indicating wbs B has exhausted budget of say 4700/-. Also, when i check slr report, it shows commitment values added to both wbses.It seems that budget consumption is also according to some percentage calculations.(29.65 % with wbs B n rest with wbs A in this case.) 

@ Balachandar,

From PS point of view, database reconstruction and AVAC deact./reconstruction has been done but still the error persists.

Rgds,

Supriya S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

System behavior is really exclaiming. I haven't seen such behavior before. Let SAP people check for error.

May I know, in account assignment tab there is WBS or Network.

If there is network then it is ok else run a test cycle after changing system to pass network number instead of WBS for service orders case.

As per my experience, we prefer network over WBS element for account assignment in case of service order specially.

We had faced a similar absurd error of budget exceed few days ago and after changing system to network assigned PR(Changed system to pass network number instead of WBS in account assignment tab) has solved our error.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Fortunately, client has never made use of networks. So,the only possible way as per your exp.to see whether the error vanishes has been lost.

Anyways,thanx for your response.I have raised an OSS message to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Supriya,

This could be a one off kind of error related to a bug. But have you tried supplementing your WBS A budget (which is originally assigned to WBS A) and checked whether this error disappears. As an alternative measure you can try deactivating your Availability Control and reactivating it.

Regards,

Balachandar L