cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

i am giving material determination suppose  B is substituted by A Material in case i want to play new price

ex we are selling A product 200 rs ok we are selling B product price is 225 rs so when   B material is Going  instead of A product  225 rs should applicabel

how i can achieve this   ? i checked in this forum it is possible by pricing source ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu,

Please understand the substitution procedure , if customer order mat A, we will send mat B instead of A that`s very fine and the next question is how the pricing is calculated...???? .If suppose Mat A price is 90 pounds, Mat B price is 100 , now what price should be calculated and charged from customer..??

Here we have two options

1) cusr order mat A but we send Mat B due to some reasons, promotional product  or lake of stoke. now customer is accepted you proposal and  received the delivery but he will not ready to pay mat B price(100 p) instead of Mat A price (90 p) so system should be calculated mat A price.

Here item category will place the key role, item cat of material A is TAX ( relavent for price) and  item cat of material B is TAPS (not relavent for price ), so material A price(90 ) will be calculated.

2) if customer is accepted to pay mat B price (100), maintain the same in item cat (ie TAX - no price, TAPS - price)

If you want further clarification, please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patchala,

With the above config change...should we do the billing with reference to order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi ,

You can create billing document with reference to sales order without any issues, as normal procedure and make sure to maintain iteam cat TAX and TAPS in copy controls settings in VTFA or VTFL.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear patachala sir

Thank you so much patachal sir it is working fine

nice answer... any way share your  good knowledge with us keep sharing for ever

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Patchala,

If the normal billing process is with reference to delivery....with the above config...can we do the billing with reference to delivery?

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Sankar ,

yes you can do that with ref to delivery

Regards

ramesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

material determination suppose  B is substituted by A Material in case i want to play new price

ex we are selling A product 200 rs ok we are selling B product price is 225 rs so when 

.... 225 rs should applicabel

how i can achieve this   ? i checked in this forum it is possible by pricing source ?

Venu,

The simplest way to achieve this business requirement is as follows:

Configuration step: In your substitution reason, have OUTCOME = Blank.

Impact in your sales order:

User types material A

System automatically overwrites material TO B

Thus in sales order, at line item level, the material is B.

System automatically gives the pricing values for B.

(by following the condition technique)

If user wants to see the Initially entered material, then double click line item, go to Tab Sales A, field Material entered.

Side comment: some of the options suggested (with multiple item categories) could be unnecessary. Ofcourse confirm with business / client, if above satisfies their business requirement.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

ex we are selling A product 200 rs ok we are selling B product price is 225 rs so when   B material is Going  instead of A product  225 rs should applicabelex we are selling A product 200 rs ok we are selling B product price is 225 rs so when   B material is Going  instead of A product  225 rs should applicabel

If you want the price of A material

Then you need Do  some config settings for that

Reagrds

Ramesh

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

once You maintain the condition record in VB 11 the system automatically take the substitute  product and also substitution product Price its controlled by Your  item category if its pricing relevance then system will pick the substitution product price only

Wt ever u maintain the price in vk11 then the same price will be Take 

Regards

Ramesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple, maintain pricing in VK11 with material as key combination.