cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for checking on tuple data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having one requirement to write one validation.

If user selects field A with value 'Extension' & selects a plant code which is already available in Location data tuple, system should throw an error.

There are two plant fields. One outside tuple & other is in tuple. User selects plant field outside tuple which should be cross check inside tuple entry whether plant available. I don't wanted to allow user to put an material extension request which is already extended for required plant.

Regards,

Gaurang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

Can you please let me know if you are planning to execute this validation on Portal screen?

If yes, then you can execute this by creating logic in Portal system only.

You can store the values in certain variables temporarily and then compare them as per your requirement using simple if statements and throw error message when True. This would require you to execute fetch query for Plant field in tuple once and then compare with entered value.

In case of Portal application, it will make more sense if user have to select from pick list.

And in pick list itself you need to prepare screen in such way that already existing Plants do not appear for selection in case scenario is for "Extention". You can choose to implement any.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I am planning to execute this validation on Portal screen. But my portal Iviews are Std SAP Iviews. So no coding possible.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is that if you are not writing any code, then how would you be able to check for Extend scenario(If user selects field A with value 'Extension') through MDM? Is this stored in some field in MDM table? Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

With the constraints you mentioned it is difficult to implement that logic.

I think you can control this in the tuple import where Plant is the matching parameter for location data entry.If the same plant has been entered dont update,just skip and in the same import workflow after branching based on skipped records then update a status flag in the main table saying "Record available in the entered plant"

What you have to be carefully check is do you have same import map for location data update and extension scenarios as in location data update your Tuple matching fields could be as Plant + Deletion flag at plant level,otherwise there no problem.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Extend scenario will check through MDM. This store value in MDM.

Hi Ravi,

I don't want to go up till Tuple import level. I wanted to restrict user at entry point.

My client is on SP06 but I found one option in SP08 that is in validations - functions - Multi value Lookup. This allows you to communicate main table field with Tuple fields. As per my requirement if I am selecting plant which is already available in location data tuple, it is giving an error.

Now I am searching solution on SP06.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

As correctly explained by you, this functionality is available in SP08. But you will not be able to do the same in SP06 as it will not allow you to select tuple fields inside a Validation or Assignment Expression. So you would have to do it either through Portal validations or using the workaround mentioned by Ravi i.e. restricting the update at Tuple import level.

Kindly let us know if you find any other alternatives. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Answers (0)