cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area: Irrepairable ?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO Admin Experts,

Creation of some  CVC's to copy some past data from the Infocube (the regular infocube we have to extract sales data) with adjust time series option, the way we normally do  "seems to have" made the planning area defunct. This is not something we have done the first time.

Resulting in this message after  running TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK in repair mode.

Inconsistent time series initialization horizons - NOT REPAIRED. red X.

Error for COM routine using app program return code 2.

some xxxx time series have to be updated- log

LC anchors test and MPOS tests all look good.

SDP94 at the moment does not even load the initial screen. Connection to live cache is ok.

Unfortunately the back up of planning area data  isnt  upto date with some recent past terminations.  So I have scheduled a back up into a new smaller infocube with just the need key figures but again I am not sure if data will indeed be extracted from this "defunct" planning area !. I see some random numbers in the PSA packets while it probably has another 4 hours to go before I can view the contents of the infocube to be sure.

Question is

1. What could have gone wrong at the first place ?

2. What is the penultimate option to deletion and recreation of time series objects ?

I have seen several posts on this with most replies being to run the program I already ran without any success. It seems it worked for most but I was unlucky

This is in production so advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you can try report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG -- but this may not be able to solve the problem.

The reason may be that, when you create time series for the new CVCs, some other process is processing the same (could not be sure).

If the reports cannot repair the error, you'll have to backup -> de-initialize -> re-initialize -> restore.

Best Regards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada, tried OM25 already. Doesnt help for same reasons: PA corrupted.

I was on same decision (restore/re-initalize)  though given this is a free service I was trying to find shortcuts if any.

Could you advise if system restore will indeed solve the problem ? i.e. retain the consistency of planning area as it was say yday at 10.

If not I will then settle for de-re initilize PA . I have to scavenge for source files now. No back up for half a decade despite successful  requests. So another problem for me to investigate post this.

Also would you know whether and where (table) can I find the date stamps of planning objectID's *GUIDs ) and its CVC's. I can see on list display but since 2 hours I couldn't  land a table or a view that has both with the date or may be a report program to query CVC's by creation date.

I much appreciate your prompt response

Many Thanks

Guru

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I don't know what do you mean by "system restore". I think de-re intialization will solve your problem.

I don't know the DB table to store CVCs created -- they should be in the fact table (/BIC/FXXXX) which is BW concept ...

Hope others can answer your question regarding "time stamp".

Best Regards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

By system restore I meant re-imaging the server, similar to what we do when windows OS get infected with a deadly virus. Well I not a technical person to know nittie gritties of the same.

Actually I do see some responses that say that system restore following by OM17 and CONS_CHECK corrects the problem of planning area initialization failures. I dont have first hand experience =of reproduction of the same.

Yes CVC creation... logs are useful only if they are not deleted. else not possible is what I understand

Many Thanks once again

Guru

Answers (0)