Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check at sales order and delivery

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gurus, I have 2 questions

1. At our client place we do 100% service level. if order comes for 1000, we will/should deliver 1000 no matter what. so when order is entered we dont want to do availability check, because if we run on availability check, system will look at the stock and confirm available stock on delivery date and rest will be confirmed later. This is what client don't want, so they turned availability check off (so what ever the order quantity is for, it is all confirmed at once).

But now they want to just have availability check functionality for information purpose. That means system should still confirm all on the requested delivery date even if there is shortage in stock, but system should just show how much is the shortage..is this possible? if yes how?

2. As said above, we don't have availability check at delivery level too. so delivery will be single line item for single line item sales order full quantity. But now we ant to do batch determination in delivery. As sap says, availability check is integral part of batch determination, if I turn on batch determination, will availa ility check is also performed and shortage quantity on the delivery will be committed to later date? (this we dont want to happen)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deb and DB, thanks for replies

"""

That is an odd requirement.  If you have 100 in stock, and the customer requests 1000 for TODAY, are you saying you want the order to be confirmed for today?  In most companies, it takes a certain amount of time to produce the balance of the order, as explained by expert Deb.

""'

DB, we actually do. we only recieve sales orders which has delivery date of 1 week from the order creation date. Also we dont have issue with capacity and we do assembly to order. all our semifinished are already produced in stock and when order comes we just do our last operation and production lead time is very very minimal. so we delivery the whole quantity the customer orders for (either 1000 or 10000)

My second question was,

I do not want availability check on delivery level, but i want to do batch determination. I read somewhere that if i do batch determination, availability check will happen automatically. so if availability check happens, then again i will have the same problem of delivery being split to two lines, one for available batch quantity and shortage for later date. i dont want this but still i want batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swathi,

then again i will have the same problem of delivery being split to two lines, one for available batch quantity and shortage for later date.

If you set the sales order per my earlier statement

Then, set the sales order item for complete deliveries only.  VA02 > select item > Goto > Item > shipping; find the 'Part.dlv./Item' field and set it to 'C - only complete delivery allowed'.

And you also configure your Delivery Availability check such that it only considers stock as a supply element, you will achieve your objective.

OVZ9 > select your availability check and the appropriate checking rule (one of the B* series) > make the following selections:

Stocks - select according to your business needs

Select "Check without RLT"

In/outward movements - DEselect everything except "include deliveries"

Best regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swathi,

because if we run on availability check, system will look at the stock and confirm available stock on delivery date and rest will be confirmed later.

Only if you want it so.  If you instead wish for the system to confirm the entire order for a single date, using the availability check, then set the 'Complete delivery' flag (VA02 > Sales tab).  When performing an Availability check on one item in the order, the system will also check all other items in the order, and ensure that the date of the item that has the latest date will be the date that is confirmed for all items.

That means system should still confirm all on the requested delivery date even if there is shortage in stock

That is an odd requirement.  If you have 100 in stock, and the customer requests 1000 for TODAY, are you saying you want the order to be confirmed for today?  In most companies, it takes a certain amount of time to produce the balance of the order, as explained by expert Deb.

so delivery will be single line item for single line item sales order full quantity.

If you want this, turn on the availability check for deliveries.  Then, set the sales order item for complete deliveries only.  VA02 > select item > Goto > Item > shipping; find the 'Part.dlv./Item' field and set it to 'C - only complete delivery allowed'.  In addition, your delivery ATP check should probably be configured to only recognize stock as a supply element.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

That means system should still confirm all on the requested delivery date even if there is shortage in stock, but system should just show how much is the shortage..is this possible? if yes how?

It is unclear what is the use of Confirming the full quantity on requested delivery date if you are going to deliver the full quantity. As per my understanding you should come to know about the correct available quantity at the time of SO creation, so that balance you can produce asap, as you said you folllow full quantity delivery.

My advise is please activate Availability check, system will confirm available quantity only and  balance quantity you will have to produce. Once it is produced go  back to the SO and confirm for the entire quantity. If the stock is available before the required delivery date system will allow you to confirm.

Eg. Delivery requirement from customer 1000. Stock available 950.Required Delivery Date 29/7.

Create SO for 1000, stock confirmed 950 (provide no open SO for that material). So you know 50 is the shortage.

Now produce 50 by 29/7.

Go back to the SO - iN SCHEDULE line confirm 50 more on 29/7.

Create delivery on 29/7.

By this business will also come to know about the shortage and batch management activation will also be best practice.

Please revert for clarifications.

Regards,

Deb