Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS Configuration

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm preparing the setup a new SAP system with HA MSCS, I have read the inst guide from SAP (HA part), but it seems too roughly, may I know the main sequence of setting up SAP on MSCS?

1. install two windows 2008R2?

2. install MSCS software on both servers?

3. configure shared disk on storage device?

4. configure cluster group?

5. clustering database software (here is SQL Server 2008)?

6. install first cluster node

7. install database instance on first cluster node

8. install second cluster node

9. install CI on first cluster node

10. install DI on second cluster node

is my understanding correct?

by the way, could anyone send me a step by step confiugration mannual with screenshots? I am really new to windows cluster setting and SAP HA configuration

Thank you very much for all.

Ford

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done recently a MSCS clustering on Windows 2008 R/2 with SQL 2008 R/2 --> ECC6.0 and also with Portal

I believe most of your understanding is correct and also its very clearly mentioned in the installation guides

Just to make sure

1. Before starting the SAP / DB clustering configuration. ( You have done a basic test before proceeding - Like forcing the power off in the node 1 and all the services or moving to node 2 and also Vice Versa )

2. DB Clustering - In the node 1 and then in node 2 ( Dont use SQL4SAP.vbs and instead use SQLSETUp.exe - Proceed with the installation document from SAP)

3. Start the SAP installation with HA options from Node 1 ( Ensure you are aware of the local disk and also the global disk - which is the shared disk ) . In local we need to install, Enqueue, CI in node 1 and also similarly, Need to install Enqueue and DI locally in Node 2.

4. In node 1

Central Services Instance for ABAP ASCS - Globally

First MSCS node

Database Instance

Enqueue Replication

Central Instance

5. In node 2

Additional MSCS instance

Enqueue Replication

Dialog Instance

Ensure the services are moving too two nodes without issues.

I have also done for Portal EHP2 and they made the process very easier than the above mentioned.

Hope this helps

Note : As like many, I also got some couple of issues, But I would recommend to start with the note 112266 before planning / proceeding - it will give you fair idea

Regards

Vijay