cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for the right space for creating new discussions?

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community members,

I know you'd ask me to go to 'the about's and 'getting started's page, but please wait, listen this is serious and different.

Jokes apart,

off late I have been finding it difficult to find approriate spaces to start my discussions. TO bradly categorize

1. I can't find appropriate spaces.
  2. Those found, are grayed out.

For instance, I found some bug over the Licensing application on Market Place, and wanted to discuss. I know not where to begin.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for asking this question. I've just spent the past 10 minutes moving threads from to their appropriate spaces.  When content is posted content to an unrelated space, such as Support, About SCN, Getting Started, etc., topic experts don't see the threads and a timely response won't be provided.  (It's also important to post queries as new discussions, but that's another story!)

Navigate to a Space

There are over 400 spaces and here are some standard ways to navigate them:

• The navigation tool located at the top of every page
  • Consult the where all spaces are listed alphabetically
  • Click Browse and select Places (at the top right of every SCN page)
    • Notice the field Type to filter by text

Search for similar content and then post in the same space

While navigation is one option, sometimes the space name doesn't quite match the topic of your query so you're not sure where to start!  Going back to what I spent the last 10 minutes doing, I find where to move these threads by searching for their keywords on site search or SCN's custom Google search: both search options have a filter for discussions too.

With over 3 million SCN threads and many more messages (replies), you're very likely to find a similar discussion thread on the same topic of your query, thus providing you with a space where to post your thread.  You might even find the solution too so; if you do, don't forget to like and rate the thread to show that it's still relevant.

Greyed Out Spaces

These are spaces containing archives and no longer accept new content. However, there are over 400 spaces and there will always be an open space covering the topic of you query.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Answers (0)