cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Service Desk in SOLMAN 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I need to configure Service Desk on SOLMAN 7.1 and I need a configuration guide which helps me to create this. I tried to find it on SAP portal but couldn't get it.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, here is AIM config guide: https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

You can also find some other very helpful guides for TREX, Multilevel Categorization, Business Rule Framework Plus and others here: www.service.sap.com/solutionmanager -> Planning, Installation, and Upgrade Guides (under Nuts&Bolts)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Artem for your help. I had a doubt in my mind between service desk and incident management. If I am not wrong then Service Desk is SOLMAN 4.2 config and Incident Management is for SOLMAN7.1, please correct me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek, in solman 7.1 incident management is called Application Incident Management (AIM). I think that AIM in 7.1 is the result of service desk evaluation in 4.2 (I did not have time to work with old version).

Former Member
0 Kudos

service desk evaluation is nothing but service desk configuration as a whole or any of its functionality which is Incident Management as a whole in 7.1, I am confused??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my poor english practice and inattention

Not "evaluation" but "evolution".

AIM is a part of Service Desk functionality. What is now called Application Incident Management in SM 7.1 before now in 7.01 was called just Incident Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally for all the functionality topic in solman 7.1 would be under

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/rkt-solman -> solution manager 7.1 -> incident managment

you can follow the same 7.0 guide, most of them are same. only the name of the transaction types are getting changed in 7.1

if you nt done on 7.0 also, then the good start is the below guide

please check

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Jansi for your help. I had a doubt in my mind between service desk and incident management. If I am not wrong then Service Desk is SOLMAN 4.2 config and Incident Management is for SOLMAN7.1, please correct me.