cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host name buffer reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently physically moved our CUA system from one of our datacenters to another.  That caused an IP address change.

When CUA was back online we tried pushing user profiels changes to child systems and some of them were not able to send the iDoc Status back to CUA.

We had to reset the hostname buffer of the application server in order to have it work again.

Now, given that our RFC are all stored as "hostname" in the database, how can this happen??

Is there a way to have the hostname buffer to reset itself every 5 minutes or so?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

There is no such method which could reset host name buffer regularly. Instead of the RFC destinations should be saved that way that they contain IP address and not the hostname. You can change the setting in SM59 - <RFC destination> - Edit - Save as 'IP address'. Refer to the attached screenshots as well. This way the destination will be saved with its IP address in RFCOPTIONS of RFCDES table.

Best regards

Adam Csaba Goetz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually that's exactly what I want to avoid.

I don't want to have to go in all of our 35 systems to update the IP address each time a server is moved.

Normally, the way I understand it, if it is saved as hostname, it should get updated somehow by itself.

What I noticed is that it does not work all the time...

So I'd like to know if there's a way to force that either centrally or locally without having to go in transaction code sm51.

A report or something that could be launched from OS...

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for clarification.

-

Either write a script which executes gwmon with options m, 10, 5 (reset NI buffer) in every 5 or 10 minutes (as youwish). For more details about gwmon refer to Expert Functions.

-

Or set the

SAP_NI_CACHE_DISABLED=1 environment variable for <sid>adm user

or is/hostbuffer_timeout_invalid_entry and is/hostbuffer_timeout_valid_entry profile parameters

as per SAP note 1425520.

I suppose this is the answer what you wanted to get.

Best regards,

Adam Csaba Goetz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Can you check : Note 88346 - Changing the RFC destination if IP changes are made

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already checked.

But I checked the database and it is stored as hostname, not IP.

It is really the hostname buffer that is not getting updated.