cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trace truncated in Sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am encountering a weird issue where my trace is truncated when I view in SXMB_MONI.  Below is what I see.

">*** TRACE TRUNCATED (for more details see Visual Administrator -> LogViewer)***

We had to use java mapping for some transformation needs. I have put in the necessary trace statements(trace.addInfo(" my message")) properly. Weird thing is we are able to see the trace for other interfaces. Even the trace statement at the very beginning of the java class("java mapping called") is not being executed.

One more thing is when I test this in interface mapping under the test tab, I am able to see the traces properly. I can see the messages in the logs but we really need to be able to track those messages in Moni- as per the requirement.

Had anyone encountered this before ? If yes, what was the resolution ? Any guidance or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Has you check your TRACE_LEVEL Parameter ?

Check on SXMB_ADMIN--> Integration Engine Configuration --> Category (Runtime) --> TRACE_LEVEL

Use

The parameter is set to analyze the message processing so that individual and/or all steps of a pipeline are documented.

Possible Values

• 0 Trace deactivated
  • 1 Documenting Important Processing Steps
  • 2 Documenting Important Processing Steps and Details
  • 3 Documenting All Processing Steps and Details

Regards

Lucho

Former Member
0 Kudos

trace level is set to 3. Besides, like I said, we are able to see the trace for other interfaces that use java mapping. Not sure whats wrong with this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a pre-map before my java mapping which is straight one to one map. If I remove that and have my java mapping in the first step, its working fine. Looks like I have to use just the java mapping for everything that includes other transformation needs.

Thanks,

V

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello V,

Try setting the Trace level to 1 and then re-run the scenario. Do you still get the Trace Truncated error in sxmb_moni after doing this?

Regards

Mark

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you look at the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1680573? It provides a way to look at  truncated trace from NWA or server. I have seen this error earlier, but did not try to find the reason .

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I am seeing the messages in the logs...thats not an issue. My concern is that these messages are truncated in SXMB_MONI. It's essential for us to populate this message in the trace in MONI.