cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Mapping breaks my scenario / "no interface action for sender or receiver found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I read a file, apply a operation mapping (containing 2 java classes) to the message and then write the data to a file again.

It works - sporadically: When it works, it runs just fine, but when I make changes to that operation mapping (add or remove a java mapping step) I end up with "no interface action for sender or receiver found".

I refreshed the cache in SXI_CACHE, I emptied the queues in SMQ2 / I registered the queues in SXMB_ADM.. to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a partial solution: Where I had two java mappings I now use one (merged the two). Now it works. This is a partial solution as it is only a workaround which is viable for me, but might not work for everyone.

As this comment will show on the top: Also see the helpful answers by Sudhansukumar Behera and Shabarish Vijayakumar who hinted at solutions for cache problems.

(I also restarted the Java AS - but this did not have an immediate effect.)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

works sporadically - well that definitely hints at a cache issue

Can you restart the java stack once and see if the issue persists?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't tried that yet, but will do. I relied on SXI_CACHE so far. These are the steps, correct?

It just seemed strange, I could get it to without the java mapping I actually needed. But everytime it worked, I could reliably break it by adding/(replacing a the dummy mapping) the java mapping I needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the cache status overview has a green status in ESR whenever you change the operation mapping.

Please do a "Start Delta Cache Refresh" by selecting the individual Interface Determination from sxi_cache and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status is green, yes. I will try this too and see if it helps reliably. (I'm not at the customers site right now ) Thank you

Edit: I am just wondering, why would the receiver determination change if I make a change to an operation mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did restart the Java Stack, but it didn't help. I also did a cache delte refresh/update for the sender agreement, receiver agreement and the interface determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just did the cache refresh for the sender agreement, receiver agreement and the interface determination, but the problem remains - any other ideas? I also restarted the java stack.

I am pretty sure it is a cache problem, but I can't find it..

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>but when I make changes to that operation mapping (add or remove a java mapping step) I end up with "no interface action for sender or receiver found".

You use java mapping and output of the mapping creates the target interface message structure. Since you remove java mapping it gives no interface message. BTW, why do you want to add or remove java mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is this: my file adapter reads a GZ-File, which I need to unzip it and then process.

The GZ-File contains flatfile format "A" (it's EDI) which I need to convert into another flatfile format "B".

The first java transformation GUnzips the content, the second converts/processes the content.

I added/removed the latter java mapping for testing purposes - I'd be happy to add it back, but every time I add the java mapping that I actually need, it breaks something.

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philip

Why You dont use just one javammaping in your scenario? Change the Java using PayloadZipBean standart module adapter to unzip your GZIP in your Communication Channel Sender and leave java to just to transform your file content information to the receiver file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, well as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong), PayloadZipBean does not support GZIP, only the classic PKZIP format (one is a container format, while the other is not), right?

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correctly, but is possible to create a custom module adapter to do this using Java Bean Module, can you try it and using a javammaping just to transformations, this is the better solution i think, because You just use javammaping to transformation process and the module java bean to do this step to unzip a gzip file

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correctly, but is possible to create a custom module adapter to do this using Java Bean Module, can you try it and using a javammaping just to transformations, this is the better solution i think, because You just use javammaping to transformation process and the module java bean to do this step to unzip a gzip file