cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple change documents and linkage of change requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some questions about ChaRM in Solman 7.1.

1. Generally, what do you think of using ChaRM in Blueprint phase to organize Requirements? The thought is to use one CR to map one Requirement, and the Requirements can be approved or declined. The approved CR can be then implemented. The reason for it is, there could be thousands of Requirements from different countries, Excel sheets can be out of control and very hard to track and consolidate.

2. How is it possible in Solman 7.1 to create more than one Change Documents in one CR? I heard it's supported by default, but could finger out how.

3. How is it possible in Solman 7.1 to link several CR together? Like referenced to each other? I also heard it's possible, but didn't find anything about it...

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I can tell you something about 2.)

It's supported, there is a scope assignment block where you can fill in more than one change document (different types). Its possible, too to extend your scope if you already have created change documents and are implementing. Then the approval procedure is reset and the additional change documents have to be approved again.

here a scope with one follow-on...

About 3.)

Linkage is done automatically during creation, f. e. the task list to the change project, or the change documents to the Requst for Change. This is done in the CRM Docflow (technical). You can see it in the related transactions assignment block:

Here a change cycle example

Hope that helps,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for your quick answer!

I don't have access to a Solman 7.1 right now. For these two, do you need to do some customizing or they are supported by default?

Thanks!

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

It supported by default, you just copy the standard into customer namespace 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael!

Could anyone give some comment on the first question?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope I can set it as answered as I got the information

For Requirement there will be a consultancy add-on from SAP for Solman named "Requirement Management", which is based on current CRM engine and GUI will be similar to ChaRM. Otherwise "Issue Management" functionality can be used for Requirement gathering as well. If it's regarding "Requirement change" in Rollout, ChaRM with customized transaction types can also be used.