Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot fot returnable packaging

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the process returnable processing (with LEIH material) we expect an inspection lot to be created when the packaging is being returned to the vendor. I have tried with inspection type 05 and 06, however no inspection lot is created.

The material is posted into customer stock. Is this maybe the reason that the inspection lot is not created? if anybody has an idea how to continue, please let me know!

Thanks a lot for your help!

BR,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

The inspection is being created with MvT 622. the packaging is retruned from customer and before the goods can be received, i have to inspect the goods. not to happy with that, but that's something to figure out.

How it's configured:

as mentioend above:

- in table T156SY entries were made via SM30 and inspection lot origin 06 was assigned

- set-up of material master, customer info record and material specifications

- in customizing the link was made for the delivery type and the inspection lot origin (QM>quality inspection>inspectionlot creation>Inspection at Shipping).

issue is solved! thank you all for your support!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As I understand, you are returning the goods to your vendor. Perhaps you would be using either 161 or 122 movement type.

I was wondering why you need to carry out inspection while sending material back to vendor? I guess it was already inspected against fresh GR, and concluded as not okay. Probably that could be the reason you are sending back the material to your vendor.

As per my understanding inspection lot of 05 or 06 are generated when you receive something in to your premises and not at the time of dispatching.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand, please see above. The inspection is not related to goods retrun to vendor. the scenario is that we get our own packaging material back from the customer.

BR,

Peter

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Can you please check with your SD consultant if you can use 651 movement here instead of 622?

I have limited knowledge about 622 and never explored it. I also don't think we can activate QM for 622 as assignment of inspection lot origin to movement type is standard and defined by SAP.

If you can not alter your movement type, probably you can think of using 08 inspection type. Transfer material in to another storage location using 311. The stock would be transferred in to quality inspection.

Regards,

Anand

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Thank you for replying! I have checked notes on the assignment of the inspection lot origin to specific movement types. Apparently it used to be possible to change the internal control with customizing, but SAP changed that after release 4.6 (?) so they suggest to update table T156SY manually via SM31. I did that, but still the actual customizing setting for movement type 622  and the related inspection lot origin has not been updated.

I still think i should be able to change it somehow. However changing table T156S is something that i would rather not do (although i think that will fix it).

So...i will discuss your proposal with our SD consultant and see if he can configure it accordingly.

In the meantime i would like to keep the question open and see if somebody comes up with a way to change inspection lot origin for MvT622.

cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thin it very much depends upon what exactly process you follow.

" packaging is being returned to the vendor" = are you returing material from customer location or from Factory.How is GR created & where stock is laying.? How do you send stock to customer etc,?

On top of that is QM view exists for  LEIH material .?

Now in simple scenarios for QM  will be material's( LEIH) GR ( hence lot created ) in the plant itself.

then you retuen material through him by 122 mvt.

check it !

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My appologies for not explaining clearly. The returnable packaging scenario is customer related and the packaging (LEIH) is retruned from the customer to the plant. I'm folling the following steps:

• create returnable packaging shipment
  • create returnable packaging pick-up

The last step results in a material document wher the LEIH material is put back on unrestricted stock with movement type 622.

The problem with MT 622 is that the internal update control (SPRO inspection lot creation for movement types) states there is no inspection lot origin assigned. Therefore, no inspection lot is created (i think). The field is greyed out for MT 622 (no change allowed by SAP) , but i would like to have inspection lot origin 06 assigned. Do you have any experience with changing this?

thanks in advance for your input!

BR,

Peter