cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection characteristics with error and warning limits

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is it possible to create two limits in one characteristic, a warning and an error limit. I've the following example. I've a MIC which has limits 0 - 1000 (error limits). When it's out of these limits the MIC must be rejected. I'd like to have a warning limit as well, for example 0 - 750. When the value is between 750 and 1000 the MIC must be accepted, but some other MIC's must be switched from optional to required.

An alternative for question 1 is to make a second (calculated) characteristic which copies the result from the first MIC, but than with another tolerance limit. /than you'd get the following inspection plan:

0010 MIC 1 0 - 1000

0020 MIC 2 0 - 750

But I prefer to use only one MIC with two tolerance limits.

So i basically have two questions:

1. Is it possible to define multiple specification (warning and error) for one characteristics?

2. Is there an enhancement point in which I can change the status of a MIC from optional to required when a previous characteristics is out of spec?

Hope you can help.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruud,

Did you ever solve this case? I have the same problem and I haven't found a solution yet.

Cheers,

Carolina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one option in "qunatitative data" in MIC called

Plausibility Limit

Minimum  /maximum ,plausible value of a plausibility limit.

Use

This field is used only for results recording of quantitative characteristics. It protects against the recording and processing of invalid or improbable values. If the actual value of the variable lies outside the plausibility limit defined by the limiting value entered in this field, the system may issue a warning message or block further processing.

refer

http://scn.sap.com/thread/749677

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Aren't the plausibility limits the logical limits. So if i measure pH that the plaus limits are 1 < > 14?