cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete duplicate entries from a record in MDM.

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a Main table Product Information, in which i have a look up Qualified Vendor Information table.

Vendor information table has fileds liken Vendor Name , Vendor ID, country and other pricing details.

Due to some upload bug in data manager we have two entries in Vendor information for one record, the only difference is one has country and the other item has value as <NULL>. So thats a duplicate Item for one single product.

I want to find out an easy way on how to delete the vendor with Country as <NULL>.

I didt try some mapping techniques via Import manager, but it simple deleted the whole record and not Just the vendor entry.

Request your pointers on the same.

Br,

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nanduri,

In your case you have two qualified links for same product info and one of the link is duplicate(undesired) qualified link with Country field as None.

So in order to correct your data you need to have only correct data in some Excel/XML file. Excel File would be easier to use.

In Data Manager, you need to enter filter criteria to search only valid qualified links.

Using Free Form Search:

First use some filter criteria to select all those records which have duplicate qualified links.

Then in Free Form Search: Vendor Information Table, field 'Country', set Operator "Is Null" and select value as "No".

This will display only those qualified links which are valid and does not have NULL value for Country field.

Then using File --> Export --> Excel, export all these records to your desktop.(You need to click on the Qualified checkbox while exporting the records and select all qualified fields to be exported. Also you can select only few main table fields which would be required for matching criteria in Import Manager)

In this way you will get all the data you need to upload once again.

Now open Import Manager and connect to this file. Then select appropriate Destination table(main table) and map the values to appropriate fields. Now select the Qualified Link field and set property "Set Qualified Update" to "Replace" in tab Map Fields/Values. After you have done all the mappings, and set matching criteria in Match Records tab, then you can import it and only correct data would be restored in data manager and unwanted duplicate links would get deleted.

Kindly check this and let me know your results/concerns.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ankush,

Thanks for your pointers.

I could do everything that you mentioned, but the step

"Set Qualified Update" to "Replace" in tab Map Fields/Values. I was not able to do , it is greyed out and doent allow me to change my option.

Hope you can help me with this.

Br,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

You need to create Compound field in Import manager and then map it to Qualified Table field.

Then you have to select that field in source fields and then go to mapped destination fields and there you need to set this qualified update. Compound field will be the combination of all display fields of the lookup table to which fields have already been mapped.

e.g. For Sales Area qualified table, Sales Org and Distribution Channel are display fields. Then compound field will contain Sales Org and Dist channel and then map it to corresponding field in Main Table. Kindly do this and let me know if you are successful. Thank you.

Kindly reward points if you found posts helpful.

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Ankush for your help.

It worked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Due to some upload bug in data manager we have two entries in Vendor information for one record

Do you mean to say that you have duplicates in your Qualified table?

If so, try uploading the data in your qualified table with the set qualified update option as replace(You will get this option when you right click on the Qualified field in the Destination fields grid)?

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Prasad