Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration Not Working PI 7.3

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured alerts in our PI. We tried to send an alert by failing a message but the alert didn't trigger. When we executed RSALERTTEST report, we did receive the alert but without the container variables as this report does not generate container variable. Apart from this the report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET which had to be triggered previously has become obsolete as per help.sap but is there a replacement for this program? If there is no need of a report to run for alerts then why didn't the alert trigger by itself? Kindly help.We have done all the steps mentioned in the available tutorials.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adarsh,

you are getting mail Via report that means SMTP is properly configuredin SCOT.

There is some thing missing in your java stack.

please check the alert rule in RWB->alert configuration and "Where did the error occur?" parameter.

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RWB, we have selected No restriction for 'Where did the error occur parameter'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to see the alerts in your alert inbox. If yes, the alert works fine and the next step would be to check the scot settings where you have to maintain a correct mail host.

Check the SAPConnect in tcode: sost if you have any mails pending for delivery. An repeat send action can be done on pending mails.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Adarsh,

Please check the following things. I have recently configured alerts in PI and it worked without scheduling any additional reports.

• Is your alert rule active? You can check it in pimon=> Configuration and Administration Tab => Common => Alert Rules
  • Check if there are any restrictions in alert rule that prevent alert generation for test scenario
  • Do you see the alerts in Alert inbox in the pimon=>Monitoring => Alert Inbox
  • Is the issue with emails not going out or there are no alerts in the alert inbox at all?
former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The alert rule have been created. In the tab alert rule active, it shows as 'X' ...What does it mean. If it is inactive, how do I activate it? We are getting alerts in our alert inbox if we execute the report RSALERTTEST. But this report can be used to generate alert even without a failed message. I had deliberately failed a message by selecting raise exception in Value Mapping for failed lookup. The message had failed but it did not send any alert by itself.Then we executed the report. If I want to see if there is any restriction on alert emails how do I see it.

Message was edited by: Adarsh Dhingra

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's another thing that I noticed. The end to end monitoring is not working for any of the Interfaces even which were not tested for alerts and shows up the message No process defined for this domain. Could this be the reason behind this issue. How do I resolve this.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

'X' in the rule active column means the rule is active.  See the attached screenshot for details on restrictions. Restriction details are shown in the below screenshot FYI.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Adarsh, I do not think end to end monitoring has anything to do with alerts not working. You need to get the End-to-End configuration completed.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you let me know what is the significance of the  parameter Connected to messgae. Currently we have selected Yes here. Should we select Not relevant?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

look at the guide one more time especially at the RWB section:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

>>>>SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET

no need to use it anymore

>>>When we executed RSALERTTEST report, we did receive the alert but without the container

if this is working then I'd say it's RWB config which is missing/wrong,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We had done the following

1. Created alert categories in ALRTCATDEF

2. Created alert rules in RWB for the alert categories and ticked both Alert active and suppress multiple alerts.

3.Clicked yes for Connected to message and provided the details of sender component,Interface Receiver component,Interface,namespace etc.

4. Selected No restriction in where did the error occur and then added rule.

Please let me know if any other configuration is to be done. The basis team has already done the SCOT configuration.