cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity field editable in QUOTATION screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running on SRM 5.0.(Strategic sourcing scenario).I had a query regarding the Quotation creation by the Vendor.In the Quotation screen, when the vendor goes to create the BID,under the ITEM data tab ,the field QUANTITY is editable i.e. can be changed by the vendor.

Is this std behaviour?Logically only the Price field should be editable where the vendor can enter his prices.

If this is the std behaviour,will i have to implement the CHANGE badi to imlement a check as in CHECK badi, i would not be able to compare the QUANTITY fields?

BR,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

A little functional input for an expert technical person!

The quantity field has to be editable for bidder for submitting bid.

If some supplier is giving best(lowest) price and having good score for

all other dynamic atttributes only he is not able to supply the full

quantity asked for in Bid invitation,

then business will be defeated if he is not allowed to reduce the quantity.

Definitely he will not be allowed to quote for more that what is asked

in Bid invitation and charge extra unnecessary.

HTH

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

When we are carrying out a BID comparision,we would need to compare all the vendors at same level.So if the vendor changes the Quantity,it becomes a CONDITIONAL tender.

Hence,he will not be at par with other vendors and will be disqualified on this ground.

BR,

Disha.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha

It's standard behaviour.

Vendor can submit his bids for partial quantity only. Hence, vendor can fill 'submitted quantity' (it does not change the bid invitation quantity).

Try BADI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI method BBP_QUOT_UI_CTRL to control the field display.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried using the BADI to make the "Quantity" field DISPLAY.But thats not working as suggested by RAMKI.

Is there any other way i can make only the Quantity field DISPLAY ONLY in the QUOTATION screen?

How risky is Template change here?

BR,

Disha.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha

Then there is only one way.

Pl change the template and make the field 'hidden' or 'display'. That is not risky. Ensure that changes are reflected in QA and Prod system after the transports. Maintain a modification register for all such changes.

From your other replies, I see that you can do it and I do not give complete template details here.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thanks for the quick reply.Its sad that inspite of the UI control BADI,i had to do TEMPLATE changes!!:-(

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to the following OSS Notes.

OSS Notes

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Please see the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/61/c3833cfa3dbc2ce10000000a114027/frameset.htm

Creating bids in response to bid invitations

You can also download the bid invitation, display documents for the bid invitation and save them to your PC.

If you decide to respond to a bid invitation, you choose Create Bid.

Depending on the information required by the bid invitation, you can enter the following:

Remember to save your bid at regular intervals by choosing Hold Bid

· Details on price and conditions, such as scale prices

·

Changes to quantity

· Comments

Tto provide further information, you can also upload documents from your PC at header and item levels.

· Information on any attributes

· Further items, if this option has been granted in the bid invitation

· Service providers in the case of service items, if these have been entered in the Enterprise Buyer or Supplier Self-Services systems

This is standard behavior.You can implement BADI if you want for this check.

regards,nishant

please reward if this help.