cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal component portalapp.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to make a portal component that, when called, performs some logic and, based on these results, redirects the user to a Transaction iView linked to a specific backend system.

I have three environments (development, QA and production) and my problem is that i have different backend systems in each of the forementioned environments.

So, let's say that in development I have two clients 200 and 201 and in QA and in production I have three clients 300, 301 and 302. Hence, for every client I need to make a different Transaction iView.

I was told to put the paths of the Transaction iViews inside the portalapp.xml file and then to read the paths from there. Since the portalapp.xml is inside the project, every change I need to do to the configuration requires a rebuild, redeploy and retransport of the component through the different environment; also, for what I know, I cannot set a different configuration based on the environment I'm in (e.g. one environment has two possible destinations/iViews, the others have three).

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to customize the portalapp.xml for each environment (i.e. is portalapp.xml a special configuration file that is editable on every portal instance) or the configuration I put there as <component-profile> is static and unchangeable?

2) Is using portalapp.xml a good way to set the configuration of the portal component (instead, for example, of passing parameters through the iView that is linked to the portal component)?

If you could point me to some resources that explains how these things work, I'll be grateful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simplest would be to add custom iView properties for these paths in your portalapp.xml file.

Add, say, 5 properties under conponent-profile, so you can enter up to 5 clients, and in each environment (dev, qa, test, etc) enter the appropriate transaction view paths in the iView properties page.

A redeploy and transport through your landscape will not touch the (changed) iView property values

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c9/c8af42a6f6cb6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm for more info

But you might want to post this question in the SAP portal subforum, you might get a better answer

Cheers,

Robin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other way would be to do it using relative URL.

When you do the redirect, instead of putting the complete URL of the iview, put something like

/irj/portal/pcdroleid/iviewid...

You can get the URL to an iview easily from the PCD path..

Assuming you have the same iView path in all 3 systems..The iview can point to diff clients by use of diff system objects..that should not be a problem..

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c9/c8af42a6f6cb6ae10000000a155106/content.htm

if my memory is right, there is configuration part in the portalapp.xml. for different system you can configure different value for the property

when you learn how to develop a portal component, you didn't notice that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never used a Portal Component. This is the first time. And I hadn't noticed that properties specified under component-profile were changeable in the properties of the iView linked to the portal component.