Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding BO error FWB 0008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have recently migrated Form BO XI R2 to BO XI R3 SP5 Every thing Looks Good

But we are frequently getting the error FWB 0008 as below.

"Enterprise authentication could not log you on. Please make sure your log on information is correct. (FWB 00008) i have done some analysis on this ,as per SAP error codes this error is because of invalid user name or Password.

But this is not the case with us. Even though we are entering a valid user name and password some times it is throwing this FWB 0008 error and some other times it is accepting the same credentials.Why it is showing this Kind of Behavior?

For this FWB 0008 Error we found a temporary solution of Restarting the SIA services after service restart it is working fine.we can afford to have this kind of Volatile behavior in our Production Environment. IS there any Permanent Solution to get rid of this thing.

Regards

Ashok Vardhan Vemula

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Ashok, Vijay, Anupam, and Julian,

Gentlemen thank you for posting this. I too have this problem. I'm still in testing phase running BO Edge 4.1 SP1. SAP error code guide in help.sap.com says to install single sign on. In my situation I don't need to do that. But the unique issue here is that I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I still get FWB 00008 error. I'm assuming that even when BO Edge is uninstalled there is a file that is hanging around somewhere. I have run a registry cleaner several times and an overall file cleaner just to get rid of stuff that is sticking around in the system. Yet I still have the same issue upon a fresh new install every time. I would really appreciate any help I can get. I can't open a ticket with SAP, that is not an option. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that we have an issue here with missing tokens. The error that comes up is amusing. We can have a look in the CMS logs and identify what goes wrong.

Also raise a separate forum thread for 4.x version. It would help others to search and get the right answers.

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ashok,

I am not aware of any random error like this. Probably, it is only due to typing the password incorrectly unless you are using 3rd party authentication.

Regards,
Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Agreed with you. Found any solutions for it?

I have  similar kind of problem in our systems but the strange thing is that, its not allowing us permanently in the servers. Rather allowing us into the BI launch pad and CMC without passwords.

Sometimes, its not at all allowing in BI launch pad, and hence restarting the SIA allowing us to login (But again without password ). When I search a solution for it, most of them it saying its a license problem - But I could see that in License key (Temporary key is valid for 3 months till November)

Wondering about this

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

we haven't found any permanent solution for this but as temporary solution for this we are restarting the services in the below order when ever there is a server restart.

Turn off Tomcat,SIA then restart SIA first and then Tomcat,

This temporary solution is working fine for us

Regards,

Ashok Vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Looks surprising. This error is due to the authentication problem or a typo error. Just check if you are providing the correct system name. Or do open a ticket with SAP and let them look into your system thoroughly. In case of large number of users, restarting Tomcat will not be a solution.

Regards,

Anupam

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This CMS Enterprise logon failure was a known issue starting from XI3.1 SP5, and it is addressed and fixed on XI3.1 SP6 and above.

See SAP BO KB 1723029 - Unclear failure message when logging on 3-tier Desktop Intelligence fails on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1723029 and ADAPT01640776.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong