cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of sales order BOM with project stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our Client is having one specific requirement with regards to Sales order BOM with Project stock.

Client is using SAP SD variant configuration as well as evaluated project stock.

It is also planned to use fixed sales order BOMs as a result of configuration.

There is an existing OSS Note 351451 which only is valid for up to SAP 4.7.

Any ideas on sales order BoM with project stock in ECC6.

Regards

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Hope you are doing good.

You can use sales BOM and Project stock. We had used sales BOM (not sales order BOM) and project stock effectively.

I can help you out if you can brief me your requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeesh,

Thanks .. I am doing good.. Hope you are also doing good.

Regarding requirement, client is planning to use Sales order BOM with valuated project stock.

Standard SAP MRP is not able to handle Sales order BOMs with valuated Project stock.

There is SAP Note 351451 which is designed to handle such scenario, but it is applicable only till 4.7.

And Client want to use this requirement for ECC6.

So client want to know if it is possible to use Sales order BOM with Project stock in ECC 6.

If yes, how can it be used.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not so sure about complete business requirement but how about getting sales BOM is Project through BOM transfer? There are few ways to do this but I am not sure whether you really want to manage procurement via projects. The advantage, here I am looking is you can use variant config to define your sales BOM and in BOM transfer you can give reference of sales order to get the BOM in Project for procurement and project stock.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your reply. I have cross checked this issue with Client and understand that they do not want to fix the BOM. They want flexibility on order changes.

With fixed BOM there is no problem. But the tricky thing is that if you do not want to fix your BOM ( for which OSS Note 351451 exists , but not for ECC6).

Regards

Tushar

0 Kudos

Dear Tushar,

Unfortunately in standard you will NOT get the information about the sales order stored in the requirements (reservations) within project stock. This is according to system design.

Note no. 351451 is a modification proposal. Modification proposals will not be enhanced for later releases than they were first created. Modification changes in your system lie in your area of responsibility. When you upgrade to a higher release, you need to make sure, that the modifications are upgarded as well (see also note no. 170183).

Best Regards,

Edna