cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Variant and Transaction variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a screen variant and attached those to transaction variant for notification. If I update the fields via transaction variant, it will not get updated in the table. Kindly help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks&Regards

Nellaiappan N.P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nellaiappan,

Transaction variants are created to personalize any standard SAP transaction and used to hide the fields, menu functions, screens, to supply individual fields with default values. So it shouldn't have impact that table is not being updated.

But could you please elaborate more what exactly you did ? Like for which transaction you created transaction variatn & which table fields are not getting updated... so that one can understand your issue clearly & provide solution.

Revert with details.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup Patil,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I have created a screen variant for IW22 screen. We have a scenario for creating notification for machine breakdown activity. In that we got the data for malfunction start time and end time. Additionally user required a field for machine setup end date and time to capture the production loss hours.

In that, malfunction start and end time should be entered by maintenance department and machine setup end time should be entered by Production department. If production people opening a notification, they can't view the malfunction satrt time and end time but they can only view the machine setup end time field and entered the data there and save it.

So I have preferred transaction variant for the above issue. But once if I update the time it will not reflected in the notification table.

Thanks & Regards

Nellaiappan N.P.