cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Template not showing in the drop down for Auto-creation of Projects while saving portfolio Items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created Project Template in Project and Portfolio Administration->Project Management Templates and made active. When I try creating Project while saving Item with checkbox create project while saving Item checked and try to select project template created in Project template dropdown menu, I am not seeing any templates populated. I am not getting why am not able to select the project template. But without the selection option I am able create project while saving as the checkbox is checked but without any Project elements in it.

Can anyone please advise what might be the config settings that I may have missed. Expecting reply soon regarding this issue.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar S M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Kumar,

By looking at your Thread, I have some basic things required clarity for,

1. What is the current status of the Project Template you have created?

2. Have you done the appropriate settings in the Back end? (Mapping & all)

Once I get this clarity I hope I can Help you.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

The status of the project template that I created is in Released status.

I made backend Item template to Project template mapping.

But I am having doubt whether I did proper settings in Decision Flow Management.

Please give the settings to be maintained in DFM. I will check if that will solve this issue.

If any more clarification required please let me know.

Thanks

Vijay Kumar S M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Kumar,

So you have mapped only Item Template to the Project Template. You map the Item Type directly to the Project Template too.

I think there need not to maintain any DFM for this case. It worked for me directly when I did the above mentioned settings.

Or give me the screenshots, I'll check once.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I have mapped Item type to Project Template and now able to select Project template in creation of Item.

Thanks for the settings given.

Also I want some input for another Thread I posted "http://scn.sap.com/thread/3213228    "   .

please give explainationations or Documents which explains each Portfolio element like Initiative, Escalations and Proposal with respect to real business case.

I want your Email ID also for future help. Please drop a mail to vijay2discipline@gmail.com

Expecting a reply for the above thread mentioned.

Thank you once again

Vijay Kumar S M