cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to nevigate from view in view container to another view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I want to nevigate from one view which is present in the view container to another view which should not be displayed in the view container

instead it should be displayed in window .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question should be more clear.

Is your VIEW1 in viewcontainer and the viewcontainer in WINDOW1 and VIEW2 also in WINDOW1.

Then you just have to create an outbound plug in VIEW1, an inbound plug in VIEW2 and create a navigation link from VIEW1 to VIEW2 in WINDOW1.

While creating the navigation link, you will have an option as to where you  want the VIEW2 to open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain more about the  below line

"While creating the navigation link, you will have an option as to where you  want the VIEW2 to open."

Screen shot will clear my doubt can you send screen shot of the option you are talking about

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Go through the following Link .

http://an-sap-consultant.blogspot.in/2012/03/navigation-between-two-views-web-dynpro.html

I think ,it will solve your problem.

Best Of Luck..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Case1:

WINDOW1

VIEWCONTAINER1.    

VIEW1

VIEW2

Case 2:

WINDOW1

VIEWCONTAINER1

VIEW1

VIEW2

VIEW2

In the scenario 1 I have mentioned above, If VIEW2 is only embedded in WINDOW1 then it will open only in the WINDOW1 and not in VIEWCONTAINER1.

However in Case2 if the view is embedded in both WINDOW1 and VIEWCONTAINER1 then when creating the navigation link, Press f4 on destination view. There you will see VIEW2 two times, specifying the VIEW2 to be opened in WINDOW1 and VIEW2 to be opened in WINDOW1.VIEWCONTAINER1.

Here you can select where you want your VIEW2 to be opened.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

1. Create a view container in the view.

2 Assign view to the view container

3. Assign view to the window

4. Embed views to the view container

5. Define the navigation between the view

This steps should solve your issue.