cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of stock when in quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM Experts,

I have the following scenario. I receive material during production in to production storage location to then transfer to another location using QAC2 transaction. The stock will be in quality. While being in quality the stock is transferred to another location.

The issue is when I transfer the entire batch from first location to other location and again do a GR for the same batch in the first location. Ssystem creates a new inspection lot for the batch even if the set up is to create inspection lot for batch. If the batch has some stock left out in the first location system wont create new inspection lot during GR.

Is there any config at movement type level etc. to resolve this?. Please help

Thanks in advance

Prathib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is SAP satndard functionality, and system reacts very correctly here, Batch is the unique identity like inspection lot and material document, once the lot is there with some batch number and there is stck available in strg loaction then system doesn't allow the inspection lot withe same batch again, ( if it system generated batch) but if u manually creatde ur batch via MSC1n then u may use it multiple times against one material document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply, Sujit and Shailendra. Is there any way to stop this kind of behaviour. If not through standard configuration, which user exit or badi can I use to fix this.

Thanks

Prathib

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be  ,by modifying such behaviour ,it will create data inconsisteency.

Better to explore other std functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is SAP Std and very much correct behaviour .There is no config for this except "InspControl" in Inspection type setup.

As that Batch & qty is not avaiable in the storage location (do a GR for the same batch in the first location) system creates new lot.But when some qty exists in same storage location with same batch ,system do not create new lot.

System also creates new lot when you take UD of the existing lot.

Same happens with the "Early inspection lot".