Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can idoc adaptor handle binary data included in an idoc segment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My scenario:

(SAP + Vendor system)-->2 XMLs-->PI ccbpm-->Idoc-->ECC

In this scenario I receive 2 separate xML files from 2 systems and I combine them into a single XML file.

This XML file contains normal text and binary data(base64).

I wanted to understand can I pass the binary data included in the xml file into an IDOC. Theoretically IDOC is a data container and hence should be able to store any kind of data. However has anyone tried this or aware if Idoc adapter in PI7.11 can handle this.

I am aware of other scenarios/blogs where we use proxy and post such binary data(images/pdfs as attachment), but I needed to know specifically from  IDOC perspective if anyone has done this or is aware that is it possible to pass binary data into an IDOC from PI.

Many thanks

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

>>>is it possible to pass binary data into an IDOC from PI.

it's possible to post base64 data but please keep in mind that you'd need to split it by IDOC field's lenght - as IDOC does not have unlimited field lengths

we did it in TEXT segments as far as I remember in 2004 once

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

I have also recently developed a SOAP -> PI 7.11 -> IDoc scenario, where "normal" (character) data were sent in the IDoc, along with some binary data (base64-encoded GIF image). The scenario just went live and it works without any issues. Still, just like Michal mentioned, my data was split over multiple occurrences of the same IDoc (not to exceed the maximal IDoc segment size, which is 1024 characters as far as I remember). So have no fear, your scenario is possible.

Regards,

Greg