cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update product groups in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to update  a couple of  product groups and materials  from SRM to MDM to the catalog which is already existing and in use,i am able to bring them to SRM from ECC ,But not able to replicate to MDM catalog,Can someone let me know the neccesary steps involed.i have MDM console .MDM data manger and MDM import manger .

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  issue has been solved by my senior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Kindly close the thread and reward points to helpful answers.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

What you can do is to extract required data in Excel format from SRM system.

Then load this file in Import Manager, create new map(or use map if already existing) and then import the data into SAP MDM.

You need to do this twice, first for Importing Product Groups in certain Lookup table and then secondly for Material data import to MDM.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

I hav eimpoted the data in to my  MDM import manager,but i need to know how exactly should load in to my  MDM data manger,And i think i am missing some steps in mapping too.So please explain step by step which will help me to solve the issue.

Thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Once you connect to the source file in Import Manager, do the following:

• Select Source Table(sheet in which you have data)
  • Select Destination Table(When uploading Product Groups, you need to select specific lookup table)
  • Then in "Map Fields/Values" tab, map source fields to Destination fields and also map values as required.
  • Then in "Matching Records" tab, Select appropriate fields as matching fields to match with destination records and select "Automatic import action" as 'Create' for Match type 'None' and 'Update' for Match type 'Exact'.
  • Then refresh matching of records once again and in Import Status tab, click on Execute Import.
  • After the import, data will be available in Data Manager.

As said earlier, you need to do two imports: one for lookup data first(product groups) and then for main table records. Kindly do this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj