cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While creating attribute views or dimensions i do not see measures

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating attribute views or dimensions i see options as attribute key, attributes. But i don't see option measure/keyfigure.

Is there no need to add measures as part of attribute views or dimensions?

Why i am asking this question is while creating infoobjects within BW, i have options both char type and keyfigure type attributes to be part of infoobjects.

But while creating info cubes within infocube i do realize within dimensions i do not see key figures, please clarify.

Thanks a lot for the helpful info.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rogers

The attribute view does not support measures.

Generally ,an Attribute views are the reusable dimensions or subject areas used for business analysis. You can also use attribute views to join master data tables to each other.

If we want to add measures then we can add the measures in analytic views and calculation views.

Regards

Khaga

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Attribute views are like Master data objects in BW. Although you define the define the numeric elements of Master data objects as KFs, in HANA the numeric elements of the master data objects are still attributes, just like in BW. These elements can be defined as numeric with the data type, but should not be confused with "MEASURE".

Measures are the "facts" in the fact table which are quantifiable or measurable. Hence these are available in the FACT table representation like Analytic View and Calculation views.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

SAP HANA has the facility of creating attributes of type integer/decimal/float,etc - when you create an attribute view, you can create "calculated attributes" which allows you to define attributes with data type float, double, etc, but essentially this will be created using one of the attributes available in the attribute view.

Regards,

Swati V

former_member191765
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yep not required @attribute view level.

@Analytical view you can join attribute view & fact table(Mesures/Keyfigures)

@cal.view you can have multiple fact tables