cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO in classic Scenario.-SRM 7.0 and EHP 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to SAP SRM. I have gone through nice blogs and documentation on setting up the classic scenario in SRM.

I have below doubts when we would like to create a PO in ECC from SRM for Classic Scenario

1. Does it require PI?

2. Is it Mandatory to implement any determining the right document type in SRM to create PO

the below case is per our Development system.I have observed they have maintained two document types ZNB and ECPO for BSA attribute.

In the define backend objects settings.

for AXXX material group --> always external requirement ---> PO if data is complete

For BXXX material group ---> always external requirement-----> PR always

for C to  Z XXX material group ---> reservation----> PO if data complete

i created a shopping cart with BXXX material group it created PR as per the settings and AXXX it created PO if give fixed supplier if not PR.

i didnt understand from where did the system pick ZNB for PR and ECPO for PO creation?I didnt enter any where the transaction type in SC to create PR or PO

We dont have sourcing also in our system. Is this behavior because of any FM or BADI?

Regards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Regarding your first question PI require?

- If you are using classic scenario and just passing your shopping cart data into backend system as PR or PO then PI not require. With standard job such as CLEAN_REQREQ_UP and BBP_GETSTATUS2 mostly take care of that.

Regarding how system determines which PO doc type or PR doc type to use?

Along with what you have explain that material group is defined and then specified what system want to do PR or PO. Based on the document type you specified as BSA there is another set up as number ranges you defined SPRO with backend document number ranges and name such as PO or PR and then similar number range you define in ECC system with same name. In ECC system then you define that number range to document type. That is another set up require.

In case if you have two separate PO document type and you have to make some logic then you can utilize BADI.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing the similar problem, we are using classic scenario .

when we try to create the PO from accepted bid , the PO should create in ECC .

what all setting to be done in ECC and SRM.

please suggest

Regards

Srinivas G

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Can you tell me or send me the links and study material for SRM 7 at niteshgupta630@gmail.com. I am beginner and want to learn it.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding your question 1, PI is not mandatory. You can still create PO in ECC via RFC.

You have just to specify the ECC version as ERP_3.0 in BBP_BACKEND_DEST. If you define ERP_4.0 or ERP_5.0, XML will be used, where PI is mandatory.

Regarding the PR/PO creation, check note 1173815. It provides further details.

Regards,

Ricardo