cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type 0101 for source inspection

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I somehow have an understanding problem with the benefit of using source inspection type 0101: you can read in most documents (e.g. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0c680d3-0706-2e10-4a9a-a5c67d6c4...) that for source inspection one should use inspection type 0101 (sometimes also 0130).

What benefits do I have using 0101 instead of 01 (despite having the possibility to change some preset values)? Technically it is no problem assigning 01 also in the Quality Info Record and then creating a source inspection lot for a purchase order. Even in QA33 I can select based on the "source inspection" control indicator and deviate between the normal GR inspection lot and the source inspection lot.

Regards

MH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps in QA32 you can differentiate it based on indicator in change layout. I do not know exactly but there could several needs exist which demand for separate LIS reporting for this. You can run MCVA, MCVE based on inspection type. Probably you can not differentiate here if you use 01 inspection type for both source insp lot and normal lot. But yes it all does depend upon the volume of data you deal with. I also do not find any difficulty using 01 for this purpose.

Regards,

Anand

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Valid point, it might be that in some reports it is not possible to use the "source inspection" indicator, and then I might need to use the inspection type to differentiate the lots.

MH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand ,it mainly for the differentiation between lot against GR & lot against source inspection.

Eben if you see std SAP help ,it say "maintain inspection type of inspection lot origin 01" and do not say which.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, this is exactly how I understand it also.

MH