cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password in email rather than link to password

jeanne_grimes2
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are in the process of implementing GRC 10 for Access Request Management.  We have run into an issue when a new user is created using ARM.  The user receives a notification with their user id and a link to the password.  Unfortunately, when we click on the link the password is blank.  I would like to test by changing configuration to send the actual password in the email rather than a link.

Does anyone know how to change the configuration in GRC 10?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeanne_grimes2
Explorer

SAP provided a new note to correct this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the note number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

Please check the below Notes and apply in your system:

1731106   - UAM: End user not receiving password on revaluation

1747420   - UAM: No password in closing notification in access requset

1727581   - UAM: Password not generated for backend systems

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya

I am very new to GRC. I have simmilar kind of issue.

when a new person join, requestor create a ticket for access request.  Then new person get an email with a link for the password. When he or she tries to open that link it goes to GRC system and ask
for GRC system user id and password. Because new user doesnot have userid/password he cannot login to system to see password but when I was testing this scenario If I have logged in GRC system when I click that link I can see passwords.

Can you please explain how it works for you?

Thanks

Sritapa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sritapa:

Check OSS note: 1947159-Password retrieval not possible without logging on to GRC

Margaret

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeaane,

I could see that you have already raised a CSS message for this issue and our development team is

working on it.Our colleagues will soon get back to you with their analysis results.

Best Regards,

Nandita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeanne,

The password link could be blank because the configurations for Email notifications may not be complete or correct.

Please check the following settings in the configuration.

1. Go to the configuration settings SPRO-> GRC -> Access Control-> User Provisioning -> Maintain provisioning Settings -> Maintain Global
Provisioning Configuration and change the Send Password under EMAIL status to YES.

2. Go to the configuration setting SPRO -> GRC -> Access Control -> Worlflow for Access Control -> Maintain MSMP workflows.

In MSMP, Under Maintain paths, Please add the following to the stage
level notification settings.

Notification Event : END_OF_REQUEST
Template Id        : GRAC_AR_CLOSE
Recipient Id       : GRAC_USER

Template GRAC_AR_CLOSE has the variable 'Provisioning' which will have
the password link.

Hope this Helps!

Best Regards,

Shreya Gupta

jeanne_grimes2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

When I set it to YES, nothing at all comes in the email (email notification is set).  User gets email with provisioning details but no password).  When I set it to NO, the user receives an email with a link to the password but when we follow the link no password is displayed.

Hi Jeanne Grimes (GRAC_BADI_04),

The Request number : 458 , has been processed and the Request is Closed. The details are as follows:

ZM_08-STANDARD Role assigned to GRAC_BADI_04 ( D08 )
GRAC_BADI_04 User created in D08
Click here to view password(s)

When we click the link we get:

The generated password in the system D08 is