Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which badi triggers while saving cproject

sandeep_reddy24
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii Every One,

I am new to PPM, I want to know : "which badi triggers while saving cproject in portfolio management(PPM)".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

as far as I recall you can use BAdi RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS

Regards

Thorsten

sandeep_reddy24
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten,

I need to handle error messages also.

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

long time ago for me... I think you can use the method PREPARE_TO_SAVE and in there write messages via the message handler cl_rpm_message_services plus raise an exception of type

cx_rpm_object_update_error.

Best regards

Thorsten

sandeep_reddy24
Participant
0 Kudos

Thorsten,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I want to set the tasks in hierarchy level as per our convenience.

could you please let me know how to proceed.

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

originally I had understood that you want to add some code when a portfolio item is saved. I think I misunderstood this.

When a project is saved (cProjects) the right place to add the coding is a subsystem. You find an example implementation in class CL_DPR_DEMO_SUBSYSTEM.

It is hard to give you a step-by-step description. But the example implementation has some good documentation and there is a nice description available how to synchronize status with PS by means of a subsystem: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=145031443

That will show you how you can access cProject objects (object references of the application layer) within a subsystem.

When you give some more background information for your requirement, I might be able to give a bit more advice. I am not 100% sure what you mean by "set the tasks... as per our convenience".

Best regards

Thorsten

Answers (0)