cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool - Problem creating a MultiSourced Data Foundation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me overcoming a problem that I have with Information Design Tool (IDT).

I have 2 distinct Microsoft SQL 2008 databases and I am trying to create a Universe based on both databases.

I am able to create the relational connections and publish them to the server. Then I create, successfully, a multisourced Data Foundation and select the relational connections (.cns) previously created. However, when I try to expand either one of the table catalogs it gives the following error:

[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'TEST'] The database has reported an Exception: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (SQLState: IM002, Vendor code: 0)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Tabrez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the Data Federator service (which is part of the ADaptive Processing Server) on BIPlatform which processes the DataAccess for Multi source universes .

--> So you must have the 64-bit driver and DSN setup on the Server.  Local connections created in the IDT Client would use 32-bit driver. Makes sure both 32 and 64 DSN have exactly the same connection name.

If using jdbc, You would also need to unpack .jar files into a manually created folder under  ..\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\datafederator\   

for example  ..\drivers\datafederator\sybase\sybase.jar

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice.

It really helped.

Thanks,

Tabrez

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope u guys can help me with this related problem. All i did was rename the datasource names and re-point to a new default DB via ODBC on the server. Now in IDT, when I try to edit the connection, the new names don't show up in the drop down. it still shows the old names and tests successfully. So i decided to type it in manually, but when I test it, I get this error.........

"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

new thread please.

cheers,
H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the same above error. Am using Microsoft SQL server 2005 as one datasource and Microsoft Access as a secondary datasource. After creating DF, when i try to insert the tables, i get the same message. I hope someone out there could help us resolve this issue.

Regards,

Noman