cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a real device with SUP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a test application and deployed it to our SUP server. I would now like to see the application on my real iPad. I assume that I need to install an App from AppStore to establish the connection. I already created an application user in the SCC.

Can anyone help me with the required steps?

Kind Regards,

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should open the sup server to internet by setting up Relay server.

Step-by-step configuring Relay server

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-15428

Using Sybase relay server hosted service

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01205.0155/doc/html/ldi12...

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tahir.

Is the Relay Server always needed? I thought it is optional. For the test environment I can connect to the VPN in which the SUP server is located with my iPad. So both SUP server and iPad are in the same intranet.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right its optional. If both are in same network then you should do following steps.

1- Create a user in SCC

2- Download Sybase mobile workflow container

3- In device go settings->Sybase mobile workflow

4-

Server Name : <sup server host>

port : 5001

Farm Id : 0

username : <Scc username>

Activation code : <the activation code you provided>

That will be enough for testing with real device

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tahir. I tried that already before. But something is not working. I think it is due to http://scn.sap.com/thread/3214681

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you already manage to get a connection?

I have a problem which is pretty similar:

We set up the Relay Server (Linux) and put in into our DMZ (port 80 and 443 are open). The SUP Runtime is running and listening on port 5001.

I managed to get a connection to the SUP Runtime using VPN on my iPad to connect directly to the Server without the Relay Server without any problems but it's not working with the Relay Server at all. We don't even get an inomming connection to it. Here are the settings I'm using:

Server Name: <IP of the SUP Runtime>

Server Port: 5001

Farm ID: 0

Username: <the user name we set up in scc>

Activation Code: <the activation code>

Protocol: HTTP

Password: <empty, because of the activation code>

URL Suffix: <public IP of the Relay Server>/srv/iarelayserver/

Are the settings correct or do we need to change anything  regarding the Server Name oder URL Suffix?

The Relay Server can be reached via Browser so Port 80 is open and the Relay Server is running.

Best,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I havent managed yet to get a connection. I only work occassionally on that topic. I even didnt managed yet to connect with a simulator.

Unfortunately the help pages of Sybase are mostly useless and the error messages generated by server and IDE are often misleading or entirely wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

in your reply you didnt say anything about the password field. My Sybase Mobile Workflow App is always requiring a password. But in SCC I can only set activation code. Where can I set the password?

Thanks

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I just got it working with the app "Sybase Workflow 2.1" on my ipad. But without any Relay Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Though Relay Server is an optional for as far as the developement is concerned, but later on when the application has to go to the production and when real users are going to use it, then relay server mandatory the reason being SUP will not be accessible with out VPN, and not only that by having a relayserver it adds one more level of security.

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

of course you right for production. But we will use it first for our presentations. If customers want to use SUP we will install and implement it with all the security options on their site

Cheers,

Rene

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You either need a relay server in the DMZ zone and then configure the relay server on the SUP Server or put the SUP Server on  public IP and access it

If you are using relay server you have to used ports 80 for normal communication and 443 for secured communication whereas if you are putting the SUP Server on public ip directly no need to configure the ports. 5001 and 2480 will work perfectly fine.

Ask you network admin to do the needful opening the ports in both the directions i.e allow incoming and outgoing traffic.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakshit. But we dont need a relay server for our test purposes (as stated above). And without relay server everything works fine now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

just to complete the topic - we managed connecting several devices through our Relay Server (Linux Debian 5 32bit with Apache 2.2.8 and Debian 6 64bit with Apache 2.2.15) in the DMZ. You need to set up the SCC as followed:

Relay Server needs to have 2 network interfaces (one internal, one external)

Quick Configuration in SCC:

Host: internal IP of the Relay Server

Http port: 80

Https port: 443

URL suffix: /srv/iarelayserver/ (with "/" at the end - the tooltip is wrong)

Export the rs.config (Whole Relay Server) and put in in the corresponding directory on the Relay Server

You should now be able to start the Services in the Server Configuration

Now you can add a new User to the SCC (Register Application Connection) with the following settings:

User: testuser (or whatever)

Template: HWC

Severname: the external IP adress of your Relay Server

Port: 5001

FarmID: the farm ID that was automatically generated within the Quick Configuration it should end with mbs.farm (for example testinstallation.mbs.farm)

Application ID: HWC

Security configuration: admin

Activation exp: 72 (or whatever)

Activation code: choose one

And now the configuration on the device:

First: DELETE THE APPLICATION from your device and install it again. Please note the the 2.1 Appication from the Apple App Store won't work with a 2.1.3 Installation. You need to install the correct application. It's easier with an android device (there is just one application and you have some connection logs within the application. It's not possible to connect to different SUP Runtimes with one application - don't ask me why. You won't succeed connecting with a "used" app.

And here are the settings:

Server Name: external IP of your Relay Server

Port: 80

Farm ID: same as defined within the user registration

User Name: for example estuser (als defined in the user registration)

Activation Code: same as defined

URL Prefix: <empty>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sebastian, for your feedback!

former_member192923
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

Can you please help on the same like configuring Relay server on LINUX.

We are already tried Relay Server configuration in Windows IIS. But now we want configuring Relay server on LINUX. I am a new to LINUX. Is there any detailed document please provide me.

This is urgent requirement.

Besst Regards

Ranjith Lingala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have setup the relay server and now i want to configure it with my mobile device to access workflows from out side corporate network .

my setting as follows;

serve name : <my relay server public IP >

port : ?

Farm ID : ?

user name : ?

activation code 123

url prefix : ??

If any one can guide me on this that will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Thushara

shivakishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

The below mentioned document will help you in configuring the relayserver in your SCC.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23532

regards,

Shivakishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivakishore,

Thanks a lot for your reference .. i have configure relay server with my SCC and now i want to configure it with my mobile device and access over the internet .

that case i want to now the settings to configure with mobile.

i have already configure it with local relay server and able to access workflows with in the local network .. now i want to go over the internet and access workflows .

this is my first project with SUP ..

Regards,

Thushara

shivakishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

From your mobile application specify the relayserver configurations

servername, farmid, port, url prefix and try connecting to SUP.

Remaining settings will not change.

regards,

Shivakishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivakishore ,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response . i have configured with the settings . .but its giving "Unknown Error ' 

wonder where i am went went wrong ..

do i need to give port 5001  and its must be open for out side world .

for url prifix i used : /ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll   is this correct ?

and what would be the farm ID if i am going with single server .

Regards,

Thushara

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sHi,

If you are using relay server then you must use port 80/443 which you must have even defined while configuring the relay server on SCC. I assume you have done the configuration of relay server on SCC.

On the relay server in the rs.config file you define a unique Farm ID name for e.g Servername.SUPFarmMBS and then even give a unique token like 123456 of any characters.

Create both MBS and RBS farms in the rs.config file and reset the rsoe on the relay server.

Once that is done configure the relay server on the SCC and then enable the outbound enablers on it.

If the communication is successful you will see the status of the Farms that you defined as running.

The URL to be used is /ias_relay_server/server/rs_client.dll

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

Thanks a lot , our SAP Basis person has been configured the relay server with SCC , but i need to check this farm ID thing as per you describe here ..

Regards,

Thushara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

I was facing an issue which is quiet similar. Please help me in resolving issue...

I already configured the Relay Server and getting Full on browser for

http://<ip>/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll and also for client.

After this I am creating the user in SCC with HWC template and providing the farm is as farmid.msg ( created through Quick config) .

Now on HWC , I am passing the same farm ID and then getting Queued setting request and after nothing happens while getting an error of RSE:3005 Outbound enabler mismatched.

Please help me if you have any idea.....

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you have created the Relay Server Outbound enabler and its running.

I think you missed adding the same farm in the rs.config file.

Kindly let me know if you have done the previous steps.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

Now I am able to connect but only with 2.1 and whenever I am trying with 2.2 and 2.3 getting errors like mismatched outbound enabler while same thing is working for 2.1

Please help me!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have setup the relay server and now i want to configure it with my mobile device to access workflows from out side corporate network .

my setting as follows;

serve name : <my relay server public IP >

port : ?

Farm ID : ?

user name : ?

activation code 123

url prefix : ??

If any one can guide me on this that will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Thushara