Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create role with privileges in Netweaver

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some queries related to creation of roles and assigning privileges to these roles. Could you please help me to achieve the following things

1) I have created a jsp/irpt/html page in MII.
2) I would like to create a role which has access to this page
3) I would like to assign that role to a group so all members of the group will be able to access this page
4) None of the other users will be able to access this page.

I am using Netweaver 7.11.3 and MII 12.1.6

Could you please help me to get this?

Thanks in advance

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

You can achieve this by login to the useradmin of netweaver administrator using the link:

http://<host>:<port>/useradmin

1)From the search criteria select "Role".

2)Choose create role button.

3)In the Assigned Actions tab search "XMII_ReportServlet" and assign it to your role.

4)Save the role.

5)In the search criteria choose "Group"

6)Create a new group and assign the role created above in Assigned roles tab.

7)Save this group.

Now you can assign this group to the users who you want to give access to the IRPT you have created.

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

after you have created the role and assigned it to people. You have 3 options to secure down the page.

All 3 can be used in a mixture together so you can use all, none or a mixture between.

1) Security through obscurity: When you are altering/creating the navigation for these pages only give certain roles links to certain pages. This however doesn't prevent them 100% from accessing the page since they can simply type in the URL for the page and gain access.

2) If you only want to lock down parts of the page then in the transaction or chart or grid, etc you can specify who has access to see the specific objects.

3) Through javascript you can limit the person to functional areas on the page by reading the IllumLoginRoles property. Here is a quick function that reads the roles and validates the user has the passed role:

//Parses the MII role list and looks for the specified role
function isUserInRole(role)
{
     var roleList = document.commonCommand.getPropertyValue("IllumLoginRoles");

var trimmedRoleList = roleList.substring(1,roleList.length - 1);
     var roles = trimmedRoleList.split("','");

for(i = 0; i < roles.length;i++)
     {
          if(roles[i] == role)
          return true;
     }

return false;
}

commonCommand is just simply a blank iCommand applet that I use for multiple different operations. You can also use AJAX to get the IllumLoginRoles property from the Illuminator service.

Before you are going to do something functional call this method with the role you want to check and it will return yes or no if that user is in the role.

Also if you want to disable the whole page encapsulate everything in 1 div and on page load hide the div if the user isn't in the role.