Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in MOPZ

herman_haan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We did a successful upgrade from EHP4 to EHP5 for our ERP6.0 systems.

Now we wan't to add some extra Technical Usage to our EHP5 systems (from EHP5)

When starting the MOPZ in our Solman we getting the following error state at the "Select Files" tab.

System QA1: Predecessor Product Version EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 defined in SLD!

System QA1: Predecessor Product Version EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 defined in SLD!

Message no.MOPZ_CHECKS218

How to solve this error?

We've tried somethings but without succes.

Kind Regards

Herman Haan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The SAP product definition database (PPMS) has got two versions. EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 is PPMS 1.0, and "EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01"  is the PPMS 2.0 equivalent.

So the correct product version is "EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01" .

Now, the error message you get means that in some tables of your ERP system called the 'product registry', the old product version EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 has been written instead of "EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01" .

The SLD reads information from the product registry, so no ammount of refreshing the SLD will work to set the SMSY right.

To get rid of this bad product registry entry, you need to login to your ERP system and check with function module OCS_GET_INSTALLED_SWPRODUCTS if your system has got feature entries with PROD_ID 01200314690900000463 (this is the PPMS number  of the bad EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 product version) in output table ET_SWFEATURES. Please note down the ID and PROD_ID.

If these entries are present, they need to be deleted with OCS_SET_INSTALLED_SWPRODUCTS. You would need to enter in the input table IT_DEL_SWFEATURES the PROD_ID and ID you saw in the last step.

This procedure is risky and is best left to SAP support personnel. But if you feel you can do it, you may go ahead. please don't hesitate to ask if in doubt,.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

herman_haan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Miguel,

We've sniffed around in the different tables and in different systems but in all the systems the tables where exact the same.

At last we've created an OSS message for SAP.

Best regards

Herman Haan

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will give you the same  solution in the message. Let's see when do I get the message.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I'm getting this error in MOPZ, I've fixed up the product registry in the ERP system, and I can see the correct version in the SLD now.  I've re-sync'd solman with the SLD and I can see the proper version in the header in solman also.

I'm still getting the error though when I run MOPZ, is there anything further that needs to be done?

Thanks,

Tom

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

It could be the case that the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 entries are located in the buffer for the SLD entries of the Java technical system.

You can check this in the Solution Manager system in SE37, with E2ELV_GET_MAIN_INSTS_TO_TSYS, enter the SID and technical system type Java. If you find the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 entries, then that's the source of the error.

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix the entries from the Java side.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thank you very much for your response.  I ran the FM as you suggested and found 0 entries for the technical system Java.  However, I also ran it for the technical system ABAP and found 3 entries, one of which is the old EHP.  Is there a way to safely, manually remove this entry in the solution manager?

Thanks!

Tom

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

The entries you found mean that the LANDSCAPE FETCH has not run in your Solution Manager , or that it found errors.

If you work already with LMDB, the synch between the LMDB and SMSY could have failed.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks, I've been running Landscape Fetch successfully both automatically overnight, and manually when I make a change.  I don't see any errors there.  I just removed the system from the SLD, and synced, then added it again by running RZ70.  I re-ran Landscape Fetch and i still have the same problem in MOPZ.

My next approach is to remove the system completely from Solution Manager, and the SLD.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The full process would be:

- do the OCS_SET_INSTALLED_SWPRODUCTS in the target system ,and check with OCS_GET_INSTALLED_SWPRODUCTS if the bad entry was deleted.

- Run the SLD data acquisition from the visual administrator

- run landscape fetch

- create a new Maintenance Optimizer transaction

If after this you still get the error, please create an OSS message. Chances are, the process was not run correctly.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

After removing the system from the SLD, and from SMSY, and re-registering in the SLD and re-syncing Solution Manager from the SLD I have been able to get by this error! 

Thanks Miguel for your insight and expertise, it has allowed me to get much further.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herman,

it seems that the SLD hasn't change the product status of your landscape.

Maybe you could try the following:

In SMSY you choose "Other Objects" and then look for the product "SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE".

In the list you select "EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0" and click on the "Where-used List"-Button

Now you see where in your landscape the productversion is still in use.

Hope this works for you

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If feel you are getting this error because there is a mismatching in you system definition in SLD and SMSY. Try to resync the data again in smsy.

Which version of Solution Manager are you using?

Best Regards

Saurabh

FCI

herman_haan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

We did several times resync the data in the SMSY.

In the header data of the Technical system we can't change the product assignment to EHP5, the only choice here is EHP4. In the other Technical systems thsi was no problem.

We are using Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 Sp 25.

Kind regards

Herman Haan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check if header data of the system has "!" mark on it?

Best Regards

Saurabh

FCI

herman_haan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The systems with the Ehp5 have no "!"marks on it.

Best regards

Herman Haan