Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching of SAP-GRC in the hole landscape

sebastian_konrad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have implemented SAP GRC AC 10 over the rampup.

Now we are planning to update from GRC SP4 to the highest.

But in this case we still have the problem that we use many productive systems for SAP-GRC.

In our release plan we have to take a backup from each productive system before we implemented a new functionality or a new SP.

In the ramp up we got the information from SAP that all systems should be on the same GRC SP level.

And if we want to update the SP we have to update all systems at the same time.

So this is not possible for us.

We are not able to update all systems over a downtime with backup on one weekend.

The SAP is not able to give us a official information how we can solve our issue.

Also we do not get the information if all functionality will work when the some backend systems on a higher SP-level and other not.

Also the GRC system.

So maybe you have some informations for us - how you are patching the SAP-GRC and the Backend systems.

Best regards,

Sebastian Konrad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

this is a well known problem at SAP. It was discussed in the idea place and I think SAP is working for a solution. But at the moment you won't get detailled information about the fix.

I know this is not an acceptable answer.

We decided not to apply each SP. But still facing the problem with the synchronous upgrade of the GRC box and the Plug In systems.

The last time we upgraded the Plug In system, we needed just half an hour. And perhaps you can upgrade in a time with less activities on each system. So you have just a small gap. And if you have about 40 or 50 systems connected to the GRC box it is a real challenge.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards

Dirk