cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block creating sales order if there is overdue items

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using open items and old open items in automatic credit control to block creating sales order for a customer who has overdue items even though his credit limit didn't exceed yet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you activate the Status/Block field. Also check, if you have maintained,

• Max open item %
  • No of days Open I
  • Days Oldest item

If you have maintained the above, these would take control on blocking sales order. Also, check the payment terms days in your open and oldest sales orders.

Regards,

Vijay N

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the different between open items and old open items i read the help but i didn't understand

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know, Open item is nothing but invoice passed on to accounting but not cleared by the customer/payer.

eg:

Invoice worth INR 5000 released to accounting & payment terms 30 days.

So customer has to pay this amount within 30 days- during this its called as Open item.

If the customer dont pay even after 30 days , then its treated as "Overdue Open item". There will be so many overdue open items which are not settled & business wants to restrict receiving order/issuing goods for very old overdue open items. To indicate this time frame of "very old overdue items", will enter no.of days in field" Oldest open item" , which means, if any overdue open item still "OPEN" r no settled no.of days mentioned in this field treated as "Oldest Open item" .

hope it helps

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reazuddin,

Thx so much the problem was the payment terms.

Thanks,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In tx: OVA8.

for your credit control area- risk category-Credit group(order) --->Details

Maintain the following:

Mark- Open Items

Reaction - as suits (eg: B- Error message)

No.of days Open - 0 or 1

This open items field works in conjunction with "Max.open item %" & "No.of days open".

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did this before but it didn't block creating sales order and this is what i did

credit limit