Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Eclipse Tools (juno)

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the Eclipse Tools in a fresh Eclipse Java EE Juno Installation. I already followed all tips and hints I could find (e.g. set Active Provider to 'manual' and add my proxy settings but clear them for SOCKS).

Also I cleared my saved passwords in Secure Storage.

When trying to open https://tools.netweaver.ondemand.com/juno/content.jar in the browser I get the following message:

Sorry, you are not authorized to use this page (403).

Access was denied due to export control restrictions.

Our Export Control Department will check your download request and may clear your account. We therefore suggest that you try accessing the page again at a later point in time.

I also got this message when trying to download the Cloud SDK in the browser but I could remedy this by refreshing the page in the browser. For the content.jar this was not possible.

The content from all other Update Sites (Eclipse etc.) is available.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I had to disable

"Automatically find new updates and notify me"

in Eclipse, now it works.

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this info as it may help others who may find themselves confronted with this error message in the future!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am really puzzled how disabling "Automatically find new updates and notify me" in Eclipse, solved the 403 Not Authorized issue in your web browser.

What I believe is that it requires some time from the moment you accept the EULA until the ECCN (export control) check on SAP side is successful. It looks like you were not lucky enough and you've tried installing the tools during this period. Then it was just a co-incidence that you've changed something in Eclipse and this ECCN check process completed on SAP side.

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True, I was puzzled as well and as you state it could have been a mere coincidence, yet I do not fully understand the "export control" issue and its implication myself to be honest. 

Kaloyan, may it be possible to share some further info on the "export control" issue? I see it popping up once in a while and as such it may help to provide further insight.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, my answer was not detailed enough, I think.

The 403 error in my browser still exists. The problem in Eclipse seems to be the authentication with the S-User because all other update sites in Eclipse worked before.

Maybe during automatic update check the authentication is not executed therefore the error message

No repository found at https://tools.netweaver.ondemand.com/juno.

In the 'install new Software' dialog the authentication seems to work again and the update site is found...

But this is only a guess from me.

I installed the whole Eclipse Tools things three times with three different versions and always I got errors and needed to try many times before it worked.

My personal opinion is that the whole Eclipse infrastructure is way too complex but that is not related to SAP NW Cloud or anything.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephan_merker2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the export control error message appears, when the automatic export control check denied the download. However, this export control check may lead to false positives. In such a case, the export control department will look at these cases and clear your account.

Can you download the SDK via browser? If not, please wait one day and retry. As long as you can't download the SDK, it doesn't make sense trying to install the Eclipse tools as the same check takes place.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Stephan

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As if it would be that simple

As I already mentioned above I could download the SDK in the browser after doing a page refresh. This was enough to get rid of the export control message.

Maybe the export control check has problems with proxies or firewalls? Due to caching it works one time and works not on another try?

Maybe it was just good luck that it worked in Eclipse on my 10th try and would not work again? I think that is the case because I just checked for updates and became again the eror message

No repository found at https://tools.netweaver.ondemand.com/juno.

Also in the log files I could not find any hint that could support us here.

stephan_merker2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you send me your S- or P-user that you used to download? I want to check the update site log files.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Where should I send it? What is your mail address? Or do we have to follow us both on SCN in order to be able sending direct messages?

stephan_merker2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I received the S-user number. We will analyse the log files.

Best regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sending your user id. With this we were able to analyze the logs.

Indeed it seems that the export control backend we are using did not respond consistently in your case.

We have opened an issue internally and will follow up on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jan