Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CCMS Log Backup failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The SAP CCMS Log Backup of production system failing through below reason

Last msg: Executed as user: TWARON\sa_sqlprd. Cannot open backup device 'R3DUMP0(\\.\tape0)'. Operating system

error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3201) BACKUP LOG is t

erminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013) DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed erro

r messages, contact your system administrator. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 2528). The step failed.

***************** Job History Information *******************

Could you advice me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

cherry_tian
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, Ramesh

This error 

Cannot open backup device 'R3DUMP0(\\.\tape0)'. Operating system  error 2

indicates that the tape device is either not correctly configured or there is a problem with the driver of the tapedrive itself. You 'd better get in touch with your hardware partner to check what's the problem with the tape devices.

I would recommend you try  if you are able to copy some data to them on OS level. Also, you should take a look at the Windows Event Log to see if you can find any errors there that give a more detailed hint on the problem.

Best regards.

Cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error message is usually caused by SQL Server having issues accessing the file system, in this case the tape drive. As Eduardo mentioned, try running the backup on local disk first before running a backup to tape. Plus, make sure that you test your backups on a regular basis by restoring it on a test environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same problem,Still unsovled.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have the same problem if you use a local directory for the log backup instead of tape?

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kanakala,

Do you have the same problem if you use a local directory for the log backup instead of tape?

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende