cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - assigning a document to a Request for Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This is a business procedure issue rather than a technical issue.

I would like to assign a Specification Document to a Request for Change.

The correct procedure to my understanding is to assign the document to the Business Process (SOLAR01) (or to the Solution) that is assigned to the Request for Change (project/ solution assignment block), and not as an attachment to the RfC itself. My assumption was that the customer's interest is to manage all documents relevant to a specific business process in the same place.

The issue is that if 10 specification documents are already assigned to a business process and now there's one more change that needs to be done, how will the developer know which of the 11 documents is the relevant one? I thought about giving the document a title that includes the RfC number, but that's not the best solution...

How did you handle this issue in your ChaRM projects?

Thank you,

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi

It seems this is not related to charm but rather related to Documentation

Solution is

Ask users to use CHECK OUT / CHECK IN functionality of solman in solar01 which is used to manage versions

secondly for related documented goto attributes and link the relevant document.

hope it ans ur query

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parkhar,

Thank you for your answer. Maybe I didn't explain myself clear enough.

This is not a technical charm issue but a business process issue.

The developer can start developing only after he has a specification document. Where should I assign the document to the Normal Change i.e.?

1. As an attachment to the NC is the easiest, however the document is disconnected to the business process

2. As an attachment to the business process that is assigned to the NC is better, but how will the developer know which of the document assigned to the business process is relevant?

Is there a report that shows all of the documents assigned as attachments to the Normal Changes?

Thanks,

Adi

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Skutelsky

how did you progress from the last update?

please could you write a few lines for my benefit.

At this point in time, i have similar questiosn like you have posted above

Thx