cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Source Directory Issue in Sender File Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Disclaimer - I have searched in sdn but could not find resolution for this issue.

PI needs to pick files from its own server. These files are stored in a folder under F drive of the system. In the sender File communication channel I am using NFS and tried all the possible options of reaching the folder. But it is still throwing the error "Source directory does not exist".

Can I have the exact way of providing the folder path like F:/Folder/subfolder or \\Folder\subfolder or \\Folder\\subfolder or F://Folder/subfolder/ or F:/Folder/subfolder/

Is there any access related issue like PI runtime user doesn't have access to this folder ? If so which user should be provided Read/Write/Delete access to this folder ?

Thanks,

Sarat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue was with the user authorization.

Thanks,

Sarat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>  Disclaimer - I have searched in sdn but could not find resolution for this issue.

thanks for that

>>>Is there any access related issue like PI runtime

can you log on to PI server (os level) and just open the folder and use the same path in the receiver channel ? maybe you can ask someone from basis team to help you with that - as it may be different depending on the OS system - or if it's shared - this way you will know for sure,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

What can be the path in the source directory ?

I have tried all the below formats but no luck

F:/Folder/subfolder or \\Folder\subfolder or \\Folder\\subfolder or F://Folder/subfolder/ or F:/Folder/subfolder/

Can you please help me in providing the correct the path ?

Thanks,

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

What can be the path in the source directory ?

I have tried all the below formats but no luck

F:/Folder/subfolder or \\Folder\subfolder or \\Folder\\subfolder or F://Folder/subfolder/ or F:/Folder/subfolder/

Can you please help me in providing the correct the path ?

Thanks,

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

Try what Michal has suggested. Get a Basis person to open the target folder at operating system level and then give you the exact path. It could be as simple as the wrong case being used in the name somehwere but if Basis doesn't assist and you don't have access at OS level you are just scratching around in the dark.

What OS are you using?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I took the help of Basis team to log into the OS Level of PI server. The OS is Windows and I used the same path that I could see after entering into the folder. Tried both backward slash and forward slash but still it is throwing the same error.

Thanks,

Sarat

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a thought.  I'm sure pi adapter has access to see that directory. I believe you already checked with BASIS. 

1) As far as directory path you can give as follows..

F:\directory\subdirectory

2) Since you said windows environment, please check whether any antivirus scan or software running which  does not allow the adapter to access that directory.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

Is this a separate disk on the server?  If so an admin should be able to re-mount the disk as a folder under the root partition (C:\) so that it would be accessible from an ID perspective.  Just look for disk management and any necessary changes should be able to be made from there.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby