cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEY CODE IS INVALID : INS00140

0 Kudos

HI,

I have a problem When i am trying to install DS 4.0 , I am getting error" THE PRODUCT KEY CODE IS INVALID : INS00140" .

I am installing the new version of keys which I downloaded from service.sap.com.

Is there any wrong in my software which I have downloaded or key licence who I requested.

Can anyone pleace help me on this situation...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your calendar Date and time settings, If the Date is in future, it will through the above error!! and not allow you to move further...!

--Subbu

former_member275696
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You may obtain a temporary keycode from SMP. By using the temp keycode, you may narrow down the problem: Is your product keycode "really" invalid? ...

Then try the KB Notes as Paula stated above.

Regards,

George

SherifEid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi George,

thanks for your reply,

i installed the SBOP INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0 SP02 WINDOWS(64B) using DVD [ 51041026_1 ].

i used InstallIPS.exe to start the installation and not the default installation program setup.exe. and i found the product key embeded so it didn't ask for product key .

but when I'm trying to install the SBOP DATA SERVICES 4.0 SP01 WINDOWS (64B) using DVD [ 51041690_1 ] , with setup.exe

it is asking for product keu code, now  my question is

where can I find at least temporary "product key code" or how can I request it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the temporary license key under "Keys & Requests" -> "License Keys" tab.  At the bottom, you should see a link "Obtain a temporary license key".  You will see a pdf with temporary license keys for all Business Objects products.

paula_augedahl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sherif,

If you would like to know how to request a  permanent license key,  you can see KBA 1502717 - How to request an SAP License Key via SAP Service Marketplace (SMP).

Thanks,
Paula

SherifEid
Explorer
0 Kudos

GM Experts ,

We have a requirement to install the SBOP Data services 4.0  on windows server, with oracle DB,  so I have downloaded the following  software from SAP service marketplace ,

51043633 SBOP INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0 SP04 WINDOWS (64B)

51043839_4 SBOP DATA SERVICES 4.0 WITH SP03 WINDOWS (64B)

51043839_6 SBOP DATA SERVICES DESIGNER 4.0 WITH SP03 WINDOWS (64B)

one question here , do we will require the following software media during the installation or the above is enough?

51041026_1 SBOP INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0 SP02 WINDOWS(64B) FOR DS & IS

51041690_1 SBOP DATA SERVICES 4.0 SP01 WINDOWS (64B)

51041690_6 SBOP DATA SERVICES DESIGNER 4.0 SP01 WINDOWS (64B)   

Also I didn't find the license key  "the product key code " , after extraction of the software. So where can I find the "product key code" or how can I request it?

Regards,

Sherif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am having the same issue on Linux RedHat 5.0.  Any suggestions.  I have already tried running the command trap '' 13 before launching the Data Services installer.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an update to my issue. 

X Window and OpenGL libraries are required for loading the Data Services license manager. Missing libraries may stop the Data Services installation with an invalid key error.

See supported platform guide for additional details.

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you are installing Data Services on UNIX this is a known issue:

On UNIX, If invalid key code message persists when entering the correct key code, run the command trap '' 13 before launching the Data Services installer.

Please see KBA 1530081 - Troubleshooting tips for BusinessObjects Data Services 4.0 for details (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1530081)

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

0 Kudos

Hi Viacheslav

I'm installing in S.O. windows server 2003, I hope you can help me

thanks for replying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked the license key is valid - if you are not sure how to do this then please email me the key and I will check it for you,

regards,

Adrian

paula_augedahl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Victor,

There are  a couple of KBA articles that may be helpful that document various things that we have seen cause this particular error when we know the user truly has a valid license keycode:

1608482 - Error: The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140 - Information platform services and Data Services 4.0 and later

1652263 - Error: The Product Keycode is not valid: INS00140

I am not sure if this KBA might be helpful but thought I'd share just in case the others aren't helpful...it's specific to UNIX but indicates the problem is permission related that could perhaps be applied to Windows if you are experiencing a permissions issue:  1657292 - The Product Keycode is not valid. INS00140

I have used both of the first two to help others with this particular message.  Another thing that may be needed is .net depending on what you are installing.  Check to see if this is loaded.

Hopefully this info is helpful.

Best wishes,

Paula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I think we would need a few more details like:

Versions:

IPS or DS install? - If IPS are you installing with IPSInstall?

Regards

Norbert

0 Kudos

Hi Norbert

S.O. is windows server 2003

and I'm trying to install in SBOP DATA SERVICES 4.0

thanks for replying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Sorry for seeming to be a bean counter here, but you didn't reply what you are installing.

Everybody in this forum is assuming you are installing IPS = miniBOE and a prerequisite for DataServices 4.0.

Are they correct? If so, which version? 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3..

If not: DataServices 4.0 comes as 4.0.1, 4.0.2...

If the Knowledge Base Articles  above (or below, depending on where my answer will fit into the discussion ) does not help please troubleshoot this as follows:

Download Process Monitor from Sysinternals . It is a Microsoft tool that will allow you to see what is happening. Simply click on the filter in the bar  and filter to follow the process setupengine.exe.

Then run the installer again.

Perhaps you will see a better error, if for example the key can not be written to the registry, or is put into the wrong registry entry...so if the problem is OS - interaction related.

The program is excellent and easy to use, but does consume some resources, unfortunately after some time my (test) machines become very unresponsive ..

Regards

Norbert