cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst problem with SCM 7.0 EHP2 (EWM): 'DOES_INSTALLATION_EXIST'

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing an SCP EHP2 (SID=EWD) for usage EWM (Extended Warehouse Mgmt). During installation of central instance (SCM 7.0 EHP2) with AIX/oracle the sapinst fails with following error:

Error during execution of command identifier 'DOES_INSTALLATION_EXIST' : MaxDB Software must be installed before this class can be instantiated!

As far as I know, livecache is not needed for EWM usage. (According note 1527079 sapinst wants to install livecache client software even when livecache is not needed for the system, so I provides sapinst with the livecache DVD, but that should be all.)

In note 1354247 I found the errormessage "MaxDB Software must be installed before this class can be instantiated!", but the note is for dialoginstances below maxdb (we have a CI with oracle) and also the wrong release.

Any ideas ? I opened a customer message, but SAP says,  we should also install a livecache. But even if we we would install a livecache, the livecache is normally installed after  the SCM system was installed. So this doesn't solve the sapinst-Problem.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my DB was long uninstalled, but directory /sapdb was still there. I renamed /sapdb to /sapdb.old

Moreover there is a file sdb in /etc/opt. I renamed it to sdb.old

After the two renames I went on

Regards,

Z

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late answer- I assume your problem was hopefully solved in the meantime...

Only to complete this thread:

We have stopped sapinst and then used the script SDBINST to manually install the livecache software (as SAP told us in the customermessage: you should better check it with SAP because the solution could vary for different installation DVDs/operating systems, etc.: we have for example used the DVDs in 2013: 51042263_1: BS7i2011 Installation Master AIX 64bit and 51041546_1: SAP_SCM_7.0_EHP2_liveCache_7.9)

/sapdb is filled from SDBINST, so an own filesystem is probably the best solution to prevent root directory / from getting full!

as root:

/install_<SID>/51041546_1_SAP_SCM_7.0_EHP2_liveCache_7.9_/DATA_UNITS/LC_AIX_PPC64/SDBINST

SAP MaxDB Installation Manager 7.9.07.09

Please enter GlobalOwner [sdb]:

Please enter GlobalGroup [sdba]:

Select software components:

0  :   All

1  :   Database Server

1.1:      liveCache Applications

1.2:      SQL Engine

2  :   SQL Connnectivity

2.1:      JDBC

2.2:      ODBC

2.3:      SQLDBC

3  :   AddOns

3.1:      Database Analyzer

3.2:      Fast Load API

3.3:      Loader

After installation of livecache Applications within /sapdb, we started sapinst again with "continue with old option" and sapinst was able to pass the phase, where it had the problem before..... Some screens later sapinst had the option

• "livecache used in SAP System": which we have deactivated then

It stays a bit obscure, why livecache software has to be installed BEFORE this option is displayed in sapinst. Why install software which is not really needed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the newest sapinst-version, too

SAPinst build information:

--------------------------

abi version : 722

make variant: 720_REL

build       : 1332461

compile time: Jun 25 2012 02:09:51

Same error as with sapinst from the instmaster-DVD.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uta ,

I am facing the same issue . Were you able to resolve it ? If yes can you share the solution ?

-Prince