Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BI Analysis Authorization (through RSECADMIN), we can restrict access for particular info provider.

We can restrict access by -

1. Hierarchy Authorizations
  2. Value Authorizations

Are these are working on access provision on AND basis or on OR Basis.

E.g. - For Infoprovider, we have mentioned values for both in Hierarchy Auth and Value Auth.

If entry for Value Auth is Z* and Entry in Hierarchy Auth is for a node A and wehave assigned that authorization for a user, the user will have access for -

A. Access will be available for info object Z* available in the Hierarchy A

OR

B. Access will be available for infor object Z* for all Hierarachy (A and oths) + Info object below Hierarchy A.

I am bit confused here, please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bipin,

The choice of value or hierarchy authorization depend upon if query is reading flat value or hierarchy .

Assigning Value authorization of Z*, will give access to Z* - with no drill down,

Assigning Hier auth for node A will access to node A with drill down.

Regards,

Shivraj

3 REPLIES 3

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bipin,

The choice of value or hierarchy authorization depend upon if query is reading flat value or hierarchy .

Assigning Value authorization of Z*, will give access to Z* - with no drill down,

Assigning Hier auth for node A will access to node A with drill down.

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

Thanks Shivraj,

Is it means that for user -

Access will be available for infor object Z* for all Hierarachy (A and oths) + Info object below Hierarchy A ?

Means user can have access from both area (Value and Hierarchy) and not from combination of them.

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Bipin,

For the InfoObject (say X), for which access is assigned as Z* in value tab and node A in hier tab, access will be available for all Z* values plus Node A with drill down.

Regards,

Shivraj