cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BCM web server installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sap guys,

i have a question related to installation of SAP BCM 7.0.2 module. when i try to configure and then apply changes to local system in VU web server, i get an error statement: "VUMEngine::RunMethod:Create software instance [Web Server] to virtual unit [pointers_website_I]:postmethod : Failed to run method 'postinstall' in 'C:\SAP\BCM\Install\7.0.2.0\Web Server\method' : Method returned an error : Exit code=1=0x1"

i suppose it's related to access rights to IIS server, but i've tried several different settings and no luck.

any advice appreciate.

regards

milan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Under Variables for Web Server did you fill the following fields?

• "Windows User Account for Running Web-Related Processes" with your Windows Account member of Administrators Security Local Group (eg. Domain\Account) and;
  • "Password of Windows User Account for Running Web-Related Processes" with the Windows Account Password. Please, check this field is volatile and if you close and re-open the IA software you must filled again.

You can also check in IIS if you already have this Virtual Directory created from a previous no-success installation. If so, delete any Virtual Directory and Application Pool related to your Virtual Unit and try to install again.

BR,

Heber Olivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello heber,

thanks for your reply. those variables you're writing about were filled in correct way.

the solution was to enable "Directory browsing" in IIS administration (which is disabled by default) and complete rebuild of VU website (ie. delete the old one and configure a new one).

then, the process of applying changes to local system finished well.

regards

milan

Answers (0)