Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective search help in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to Web dynpro.

For a input field,I created a collective search help appending two elementary search helps .

Now when I press F4, Dropdown is showing two elementary search helps which I have attached.Values are populating correctly in hit list of two dropdowns.

Now my question is :When the user selects a value from one of the dropdown and pressing OK button,How in the code we will identify which dropdown got selected??

Because I need to do some manipulations according to the dropdown selected.

Regards,

Anju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for collective search help you can go for OVS  it is a standard component where we can use elementary collective depends up on our requirement in ovs phase 3 u have to use

ovs_callback_object->context_element->set_static_attributes(
                               name  = `XXXX`
                               value = <ls_selection> ).

Thanks and Regards.

Vasu Yadav

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Are you trying to populate multiple fields according to a search help selection? If I haven't understood, could you please provide a screen-capture of what you are trying to do? Otherwise see if this helps you:

The easiest way is probably to create your context node with its "Dictionary structure" property bound to a DDIC structure whose fields are mapped to the search help's export parameters. If you write the search help to return multiple export parameters, using the search help in a WDA application will return the search help's export parameter's to the corresponding context attribute fields. See this SCN thread for more details.

Cheers,

Amy