cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimport of a model into NWDS is not reflecting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where the FM (function module) , has to be tinkered a little inorder to send data for two fields in addition to the existing ones. Now this is done.

Please note that I have reimported the model (which is in a separate DC) in NWDS.

Now ,the changes are reflecting in that particular class of the model in the DC mentioned above.

But, this DC and its models are used under a DC where the actual layout & the component exists. Here, I deleted the model under USED MODELS and addded it(the previously reimported one ) again hoping for the changes.

But I can't see the changes in the model in this DC.

Have also tried to invalidate the ARFC cache. Dint help ....

Please suggest if there is any way I can look for these changes to the model in the actual component. or if I have missed out any step.

Need help as I am to WDJ development.

BR,

Vidya S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya S,

Have tried "Sync Used DCs" in the second DC (the one with the component) ?

Regards,

Sattam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions !!!

The issue is resolved now.

The DC metadata folder that generally appears under a DC was missing due to some reasons. I had to take a back up of it and delete it at the workspace. Then i created a new DC with this same name and pasted the _comp folder from the back up into this. After this, I could see the DC metadata folder under this DC once I imported it into NWDS.

Now, under this folder DCmetadata, under used DC's the model DC would be available. Right click and build and then deploy helped in bringing the node changes into this component.

BR, Vidya

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rebuild your DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using NWDS version 7.0.11

Yes, I did rebuild both the DCs. Still it doesn't reflect.

Please suggest if there is any other way!!!

BR,

Vidya S

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see the change in the model right?

for the node in wd controller, you have to manually map the new attribute, then you will see the new attribute in the wd context.

right click the node in controller, select edit model mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The newly added attributes are Currency and Price.

I can see it in the DC (meant for model) where no component exists.

Please note that when i check for the new attributes in the model node of the component controller where the actual component exists , I could not find it.

BR,

Vidya S

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this way.

First Build the primary DC where you are using model and deploy.

Then rebuild build the second DC and deploy to see if results in a favourable output.

or

Try removing dependent DC from used components and then add the first DC after reimporting.

Also try synchronizing the second DC with first one in Developement Infrastructure perspective.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for your response.

I tried the above. It dint help. please suggest if there could be any other issue!!!!!!!!!!

BR,

Vidya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vidya,

Restart j2ee engine then try it out

Regards,

Manivannan P

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

When ever there is a re-import of an RFC, the changes will not be reflected till the J2EE server is re-started. Invalidating the RFC cache should work, however it doesn't seem to work fine.

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

Please let us know which version you are using.?

Regards,

Rohit