Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For BI Business Content activation, in which system S_RO_BCTRA used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP BI 7 Library, S_RO_BCTRA is to be given for remote activation of BI content for Data Sources. Could anyone say, in which system Source System(ex. ECC) or BI, this object to be given?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BI content activation is done in BW system, need to give this object in BW only.

0 Kudos

Since activation of Datasources takes place at Source System itself, then WHY this object is required in BI system? If no Plug-in (BI Service API SAP NetWeaver 2004s (PI_Basis2005.1)) is available at Source system, then manual activation has to be done at Source system.i.e no remote activation through BI is possible. Then where would you give S_RO_BCTRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you want to consider reading the documentation of the object (tcode Su21 or just double-click it in most UIs).

Alternately I find it usefull to check Su24 to see which transactions etc propose the object. This will show you the menu based entry point and which package and component it belongs to, which is very useful for orientating yourself (it is not possible to know all objects).

In SU21 there is also the where-used-list option (looks like a horizontal Maserati emblem) to find application coding which checks the object. If you can read ABAP and understand the coding (sometimes there are also very useful comments in the inactive coding lines) then you can quite quickly get a deeper understanding of how the object works and the dependencies for the check to be reached.

Some tips which I find useful.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

have you chekced SU21 or Su24 for this object?

0 Kudos

Activation can done in source system itself or after copy from SAP source system into BW system in the form of D (delivered) version and then activated as A version in BW system itself. I think in the second option, we need to give this object in BW system.